March 2013 Moms
Options

XP: Formula Question

XP from 03 months

My DD has a protein allergy so we are on Similac Alimentum. Her dr gave us samples of ready to feed but I'm also on WIC, thank goodness since one can of powder is 33!, they will only let me get the powder form. I really like ready to feed because you don't have to shake it and DD has done great on it.
My question is about premiering the powder formula. What I've found online says its fine to premix a certain amount and refrigerate for 24 hours. Has anyone done this? Does the powder settle or separate when you premix? I thought about mixing a certain amount and going ahead and pouring it in bottles so I can just pull them out and heat them up, that's what I've done with the ready to feed.
Hopefully this was not too rambly lol Any advice or experiences would be great, thanks ladies!

Re: XP: Formula Question

• Options
    I have never done it but I know they make formula pitchers which are made for that purpose. They even make formula mixers. I think dr browns makes them and I've seen them at babies r us.

• Options
    We use the Dr. browns formula mixer/pitcher and I love it! We make 24 oz at a time and its good for 24 hrs in the refrigerator. I use Gerber Goodstart Soothe powder and the formula doesn't separate. It stays milky and no bubbles :) Then we use a bottle wa
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We also use this pitcher:  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3247691&prodFindSrc=search

We have had no problems with it separ

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's actually better to premix because it allows the bubbles to settle so LO is less gassy. FWIW I get RTF from WIC because my baby has reflux, lactose sensitivity, and is SGA and cant tolerate powder and can't risk being off the sterile stuff yet. My ped
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"