3rd Trimester

L&D gowns?

Hi ladies,

are any of you going to bring your own gown to deliver? I hate the hospital gowns and if anyone takes pics of me while I'm still in the hospital bed, I would rather not be wearing the hospital gown...

Thoughts? If so, where did you get yours?

Re: L&D gowns?

• I ordered a pink Pretty Pushers gown (google it). 

It is cheap and meant to just be thrown away after delivery.  But I love the soft fabric, and I am sick of feeling dowdy lately, so I went for it. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I did see those and I agree! thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • There are some really great ones on Etsy.com and they are washable. Just remember to put a little peroxide on the blood just before you wash it and it will be good as new. The link is

ht

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope. I ripped my hospital gown off and stripped down to a nursing bra last time toward the end. Labor is such a gross, sweaty, uncomfortable time that I really didn't give a shiz about what I was wearing and eventually felt like the gown just got in t

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm debating.  I have a few picked out, I just can't decide if I want to spend $60 on it.  If I got one, I would plan on washing it and using it again in the future.  As far as "you won't care what you're wearing" that some people say, that

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Check with your hospital before you buy anything as mine won't allow you to wear anything but their gowns during labor and I've heard others on this board say the same about their hospitals.
  • I haven't even heard of the idea of bringing your own gown! Not a bad idea... those gowns are ugly... but might be the last thing you'll think about, lol. With my first, I never changed out of the hospital gown, showered, or thought of my appearance for a
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I brought one when I went to deliver DD but they wouldn't let me wear it. I HAD to wear their gown. So I put it on after delivery once I was cleaned up. 
    Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Some hospitals don't allow them. I didn't want to wear anything else, I was bleeding and leaking so much.
  • I got a Gownie....i liked that it has really good coverage so I wont feel like my butt or boobs are hanging out if i'm needing to walk around in the halls or something during labor. I really like that they have snaps so I can just rip the top down when

• imageMama-Bear:
    I'm debating.  I have a few picked out, I just can't decide if I want to spend $60 on it.  If I got one,

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I ordered one off of either ebay or amazon from the Gownies line and they are semi-affordable, starting around $30. 

https://www.gownies.com/index.php/delivery-gowns.html

New Mommy since 4/3/13

• No. I'm pretty sure when people see pictures of me in a hospital gown ... in the hospital ... they're not going to judge. I'm not that vain. I'll probably bring a robe to wear when I'm walking around and a nursing top or tank to wear after delivery.</p

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I got the blue polka dot Gownie on Amazon for $30. I hate the regular hospital gowns and figure the $30 is worth my comfort knowing full well the thing will most likely be thrown away immediately after delivery. I am actually surprised by how nice it is,

Anniversary

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Labor and delivery is pretty gross. I just wore the hospital gown ? in fact, I wore many of them, as they kept getting soaked from leaking water (when your water breaks during labor, it keeps coming out the entire time ? it's not like your uterus complete
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our hospital didn't allow anything else other than their hospital gown while delivering. You might want to check with the hospital before you buy anything. After I delivered...I could switch back to my own clothes, but for the first 24 hours I kept the ho
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• I wore what the hospital provided. I have more important things to spend my money on. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKimbus22:

I used the hospital gowns. I had no desire to buy something I was going to bleed on.  ...  And I banned pi

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope, I see no reason for them. It isn't a fashion show, you're bringing a baby into the world and trust me the ONLY one that matters and the ONLY one that anyone is going to care about during those pictures is not going to give a damn what your hospit

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I can't imagine spending money on this. I had to change gowns three times after my water broke between that and blood and everything else that comes out down there, and, really, the last thing you're going to care about is how you look while you're giving

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagevirginiagirl11:

Nope. I ripped my hospital gown off and stripped down to a nursing bra last time toward the end. Labor is s

Cooper Edward

• I did unspeakable things to my labour/delivery gowns last time.

Yes, gowns. The first one barely made it on before my water broke all over the place. And then the next one eventually ended up on the floor, but not before I bled all over it. I got

• why is everybody always so judgmental in these posts?  If you didn't buy something special, can' you just say "Nope, didn't want to." 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagejane.says:
    Labor and delivery is pretty gross. I just wore the hospital gown in fact, I wore many of them, as they kept getting so
  • imageJSS1002:

why is everybody always so judgmental in these posts?  If you didn't buy something special, can' you just say "N

• imagetokenhoser:
    imageJSS1002:</

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJSS1002:
    imagetokenhoser:</
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • And you might get to feel better about yourself for ten minutes until it's soaked in amniotic fluid, blood and sh*t.

Know what makes you feel better? A clean gown any time you need it.

• imagetokenhoser:

And you might get to feel better about yourself for ten minutes until it's soaked in amniotic fluid, blood and sh*

• I did with my first, but I hate them too. They are too big and the fabric is scratchy so I am bringing my own. I was just going to get a night gown or something like that from walmart since it will most likely end up in the trash after.

I'm going to school to become a midwife! 
    You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"