February 2013 Moms

My breasts feel empty?

I have had an oversupply problem for the last two weeks... My LO turned 3 weeks yesterday. She has been nursing non stop. I am so used to being engorged it was terrible yesterday, but today I'm not engorged at all and LO is fussy at he breast. I'm afraid she isn't getting enough to keep up with her increased demand. I am hesitant to supplement with what I have pumped because I know it's important to keep nursing, but I don't want her to go hungry either. It's so weird since I was in pain from engorgement yesterday and everyday before that...
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: My breasts feel empty?

• My LC told me that as your supply regulates to what LO needs, your breasts actually won't make as much milk before the baby starts eating; they will instead make the milk that is needed while LO is eating. That prevents you from getting really engorged in
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• If your instincts are telling  you she is hungry then I say try to give her some of the bottled breast milk.  Just because our boobs are supposed to do all these wonderful things doesn't mean they will.  Things can go wrong even if it is a
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekleigh926:
    My LC told me that as your supply regulates to what LO needs, your breasts actually won't make as much milk before the b
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• This same thing has happened to me too. It's like a roller coaster with having had too much and now not sure about too little since LO wants to be at the breast what seems like 24/7 and now my nipples are getting sore!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Could your LO be going through a growth spurt? My DD is seven weeks and she also was super fussy at the breast around 3 weeks and 6 weeks. I went to a LC and she suggested it was just a growth spurt. DD's fussiness went away after about two days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"