Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Binky Hellllp

I just took away my 20 month olds binky on Friday and I am losing my mind! She is throwing temper tantrums and not sleeping. We had been weaning her off of it and just giving it to her when she sleeps and now we took it away when she sleeps. Now we dont use it an I am losing my mind. I know I have to deal with it but it I am going crazy. Any suggestions at all on how to cope with this and/or help my daughter with this process?

Re: Binky Hellllp

• We just went through the exact same thing with our 20 month old!!! Same process too....started by giving it to her only for naps and bed, and then just took away cold turkey.

It took her probably a week before thing got better. She would th
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedowntown80:
    We just went through the exact same thing with our 20 month old!!! Same process too....started by giving it to he

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Loading the player...
  • Probably not what the OP wants to hear but DS1 gave is up on his own at 2.5 and he was a serious paci-aholic.  He was only allowed to have it in the bed and in the car but he was seriously addicted.  One day, he bit a hole in it, handed it to

• imagedhviel:

imagedowntown80:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  Idon't have advice for dealing with it for an older child.. but even though the process will suck and seem to never be ending.. don't give in! as soon as you do i swear you add days to the process all over again! we took DD's off around 8 months. it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"