August 2013 Moms

WWYD: 3rd Tri Travel

I'm hoping to get some advice from STMs or anyone who is also considering travel in the 3rd trimester...  I think I'm being a bit too stringent, but here's how it goes.

We'd like to do a babymoon weekend on the coast of Maine (about 4-5 hours from home).  My 3rd timester starts May 23 - the best looking weekends to go right now are May 3-5 or June 7-9.  My friend visits the area each year and warned that in early May, we may find that many of the seasonsal shops and restaurants aren't open.

I've read that 3rd trimester travel (even in the car for many hours) isn't recommended - but would you still go when its just a couple weeks into it?  Will I be far too uncomfortable?  We will be able to stop very easily on the route to Maine - so taking breaks won't be an issue. 

Thank you!!

EDIT:  I take it back - its about 2.5 hours away!  So more than anything, would you be concerned being away from home during this time?

Re: WWYD: 3rd Tri Travel

• Dh and I are planning a 20 hour car trip just as i'm entering the 3rd trimester. So, I haven't heard anything otherwise.  
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• You don't become house-bound or bed-bound as soon as you start 3rd tri, at best I'd say stick close to home around 37 or 38 weeks, and only if where you are going is in the middle of the woods and doesn't have hospitals. 
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Loading the player...
  • My doctor said I'm fine to be traveling (I travel for work)  by air up to 34 weeks.  She said anything by car is a personal choice regarding comfort level - How will I feel at the time? If something should happen am I comfortable with a hospital
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • As long as you are not high risk or on bed rest, there's no reason to cancel a trip early in 3rd tri. We live in Boston and are planning on spending most of the summer driving back and forth to Maine (my parents are there and DD loves the beach). It's abo
  • I would go in June I will be traveling to MA which is a 5 hr drive when I'm 31 weeks as long as my dr is ok with it. Just make sure you stop and stretch your legs.
    I'm not sure where you are going in Maine but coming from the coast and traveling
  • Thank you everyone!!  I figured I was being a bit over-cautious, but as a FTM, some things I read just stick in my head and I can't get rid of them - 3rd trimester being one of them.

So we're not gonna hesitate on booking for early June -

• imageScarletOflaherty:
    You don't become house-bound or bed-bound as soon as you start 3rd tri, at best I'd say stick close to home
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • At the beginning of my 3rd Tri it wouldn't bother me. Just make sure to stop every hour and stretch your legs for a few mintues.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevintageutopia:
    At the beginning of my 3rd Tri it wouldn't bother me. Just make sure to stop every hour and stretch your legs for a
  • DH and I have been having this same conversation about visiting his family in CT (from MD) which is about a 7 hour drive mid June.  We're still undecided.

• I'm admittedly completely neurotic! So for me personally, I'm not travelling far (more than an hour) in my third tri. It's just for my own piece of mind because I know I

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You should be fine. I talked to my doctor about going to canada, 4 hours away, when I am 35 weeks. They were fine with it. They just told me to stop at 2 hours to walk around. I have been going to this place every since i was a month old so i could get to
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • If your doctor doesn't have a issue, then I wouldn't worry. I'm flying to Mexico at 25 weeks and mine said as long something doesn't happen between now and then to make me "high risk", then she's cool with it. She has cut off air travel at 32 weeks and to
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Most docs say no travel after 34w. I'm not allowed to go after 26w.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I'd still go in early June. I wouldn't go anywhere in July though because anything can happen. That's just me.

If you're concerned about sitting too long, you can always make pit stops. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• My last pregnancy, my doctor said no airplane travel after 36 weeks, but I did a road trip at 37 weeks to Laguna for 2 nights. I felt great until 38 weeks.

This time I am not allowed to go more than an hour away after 24 weeks because my pre

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• LBibLBib member
    Every pregnancy is different, but my doctor is fine with me going to Korea at 31 weeks as long as I get up and move during the 18 hour flight, and provided I still want to go at that point. If any risk factors crop up I'm sure her advice will change, but
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would definitely go. Up until those last 4-6 weeks, you are fine to travel. I flew up to Pittsburgh for a wedding at 33 weeks and was totally fine (and my doctor had no problem with it). Shoot, my friend just flew home from Africa (which is like a 22 ho
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"