June 2013 Moms

BTDT moms: Shower after

How much longer after a vaginal birth were you able to shower? Once baby goes to nursery I'm sure I'll want to get cleaned up ASAP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BTDT moms: Shower after

• I gave birth at 12:40am and took a shower in the morning after we woke up.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I was allowed to shower at some point the next day. I delivered at 7:04 pm.

Are you sure you can send your baby to the nursery though? A lot of hospitals don't do that anymore.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I showered the next day but could have done it earlier.  DD1 was born at 10:34am and I had just showered around 8:15am.  It was a short labor so I wasn't that sweaty. Same with DD2 since she was a scheduled c/s and I had showered that morning

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't remember fully, but I seem to remember them telling to wait a certain amount of time? Like for both I waited until the next day or something? Maybe it was just the last thing on my mind at that point because it's a feat in and of itself just to ge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe an hour after? It was really fast. I remember they had me up after about 1/2 hour or so (my epidural(s) failed so no need to wait around for it to wear off...). DS1 also went to the NICU though so I'm not sure whats standard procedure.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • I delivered at sister's hospital, I see you're from buffalo too, and I showered within a hour or so? I delivered, breastfed for a little and then my husband went with our son for newborn checks and I took a shower. I felt so gross and sweaty and it was so
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • With my younger son I showered about 1-2 hours after.  It felt great!
  • I waited until I was home, which was about 15 hours after delivery. Not sure about US hospitals, but there is no nursery where I am--baby stays with you at all times and all newborn checks are done in your room. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I took a shower probably an hour after delivery. My husband held DS. No nursery for us.
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • I showered right before my 8 am csection and couldn't really stand/ walk to shower until the next morning. Then my husband helped me get in the shower while my mom held G. I also brought dry shampoo and powder though because I am a serious grease ball Sic

• imageQueSyrah:

I was allowed to shower at some point the next day. I delivered at 7:04 pm.

Are you sure you can send your bab

• imageilovemarfa:
    I delivered at sister's hospital, I see you're from buffalo too, and I showered within a hour or so? I delivered,

• It was a few hours because I had to wait for the epidural to wear off before I could get up and walk around.

Also, many hospitals don't have a nursery. The baby stays with the mom the entire time at mine. In fact, I can't think of anyone I know

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had DD at 5:17pm, but I didn't get into a room until after 11pm because of some bleeding issues. I didn't take a shower until first thing the next morning.

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• I delivered DD vaginally at 5:49pm, and showered the next day around 11am or so.   I probably could have managed it the night I had her (maybe?), but I was honestly too tired to worry about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also wanted to add that our hospital does allow parents to send the baby to the nursery overnight.   Seems like it is not common across the board, but they do have that option where we deliver.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • jlaOKjlaOK member
    I had an epidural and therefore a catheter.  Because I had a 4th degree tear they left the catheter in all day (DS was born at 7:03 am).  I showered the morning after he was born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• DD was born around 1:30 am, I showered around noon. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a c section at 12:30. I was in the shower before my nurse left at 7. I can't imagine waiting any longer than that. I was not able to get water on my incision, but was able to wash off my underarms and bottom half. It made me feel 100 better. Granted
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"