January 2013 Moms

S/O solid foods

Okay, so my pedi said we can introduce rice cereal at 4 months... to be honest I haven't read the articles you ladies have posted (I'm lazy). But from what I've gleaned, rice cereal has no nutrition, and it can mess with the LO's stomach.

However, DS is on Enfamil A.R. (which is fortified with rice starch), and my pedi said to introduce cereal more for introducing texture. So if DS is already eating a form of rice, would it be so bad to feed him cereal at 4 months to introduce texture and get used to actually eating?

Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: S/O solid foods

• ta78ta78 member
    If you still want to start at 4 months for texture, I would just give a little bit of avocado or banana. Or even oatmeal would be a little better than the rice cereal. Do whatever makes you comfortable. 

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• I would feed them real food and start with banana or avocado.  Grains really aren't good for their little bellies.  Just because it's in his formula doesn't mean it's the best thing for him, KWIM?

I mean, would it be the end of the worl

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly I would talk to your pediatrician again and ask those questions. Seeing as they are the experts they probably know what the best foods to start your baby with are. I started balian with rice cereal and slowly mixed veggies into it then fruits. Th
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
  • With my first we tried the rice cereal for a hot second at 4 months. He didn't like it. And I really saw no reason for him to be eating it. At 5 months we just jumped right into regular purees and never had an issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I start to give soft or pureed food at 6 months. I don't do cereal or oatmeal at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm planning on doing baby-led weaning. He will get food from my plate at six months and no sooner since his body cannot digest it. Rice and grains are the last thing I'll introduce, I think, based on research on infant nutrition. We're breastmilk feed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"