Multiples
Options

Before Bed - help

So we started loose sleep training with DD and DS around 7-8 weeks. We definitely did not do CIO, but we just wanted to show them consistency and also introduce naptimes. Needless to say it was very difficult in the beginning but it's paid off - they are both sleeping very well at night and it's given us both some structure and free time during the day.

Unfortunately after 5pm, things are horrible! Which I know is common, but wondering if anyone has suggestions to making things a little better. That Happy Sleep Healthy Twins book or whatever has it all wrong when it says that witching hours only occur in sleep deprived babies. I'm telling you, there are no babies more rested than mine during the day. After their 2:30 or 3pm feeding, they have their standard one hour awake time and start with the drowsy cues. They are put down, but usually only sleep for 45 min to an hour. Then they are awake around 4:45. They are usually playful and calm until around 5:45. DH and I try to get dinner in during that ime (babies are in chairs) because if we don't we won't eat at all. Then all hell breaks loose. We usually try and give them another bottle and then a bath in between which we thought would relax them. They love the bath. Then give them the remainder of the bottle after the bath. We've tried keeping them up until later but it's impossible. Their bedtime which they've made themselves is between 7 and 7:30. Unfortunately though it's a crying mess from 6pm until that time. I don't mean to complain, and I know it doesn't sound like long, but that incessant crying puts both DH and I in a horrible mood towards each other and it's stressful. A bunch of times now he gets in bed at 7:30, which sucks because I feel like he and I have zero time to talk or anything like normal adults. Anyone have any suggestions for that time?

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: Before Bed - help

• Options
    Sorry I'm so beat right now my post barely makes sense. They get a really long morning and early afternoon nap. Then after that late afternoon feeding is when things go downhill. Once they are down for the night, they are great. But it is just really hard
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Options
    I'm not sure how old your babies are, but when he was a infant the only thing that helped DS through his witching hour was the five S's straight out of HBOTB - swaddle, swing, suck, side, and shhhhh. DS was also a very well rested infant. He was never awa
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would try one of two things, put them to bed earlier or go for a walk.  Getting out and about really helped us through the witching hour.  I've also heard that sometimes it means they  need an earlier bedtime. 
  • Options
    We had THE SAME issue when ours were younger. Mainly my son. He was SO fussy from 5pm to 7pm. OMG!!! So frustrating, I know!!! First off, it does get better... The only thing that DS "liked" or tolerated was us walking around with him in the football hold
    TTC Since Jan. 2011
    July 2011: Clomid 50mg- No ovulation
    Sept 2011: Clomid 100mg- No ovulation
    Nov 2011: Clomid 150mg- No ovulation
    Jan-Feb 2012: 150mg Clomid and 5 mg Femara w/ Orvidrel Shot- Ovulation!!
    Feb 2012: IUI #1- BFP
    Beta #1: 206
    Beta #2: 2496
    Feb 16: TWINS!!!
    June 13: Found out genders... Boy/Girl (Team Green)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/acc1h5.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    7 weeks old is to early to have expectations like that. Mine had a witching hour also and I ran a complete routine. I would put them on boppies facing me and have music hour and sing and listen to music moving their hands and feet. A set dinner or quiet t
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Our babies will be 11 weeks this Friday. Dd has acid reflux so perhaps I'll try some tummy time as well. It's just so hard when they seem inconsolable. I read in a magazine that you need to let them cry and get it out because it actually he
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"