3rd Trimester

I don't want induced

I have gd and they want to induce me if I don't go into labor on my own.induction is scheduled forApril 8 I do not want to be induced so what can I do to try and jump start my labor? I am full term and doc have me the clear for going into labor. Help

Re: I don't want induced

• There is no proven way to do it.  Some women swear by red raspberry tea, others try pumping bc it jump starts hormones.  Some people will tell you to have sex/masturbate because semen softens the cervix and orgasms can jump start contractions

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in a similar situation.  I'm hypothyroid and my OB and perinatologist were suggesting induction at 39 weeks.  I've told them I do not want to be induced early but will consider induction once my EDD comes and goes (+a few days).  </p

New Mommy since 4/3/13

• Loading the player...
  • imagelsleeper22:

I'm in a similar situation.  I'm hypothyroid and my OB and perinatologist were suggesting induction at 39 wee

• I think it was also due to size concern, but the thyroid concern was definitely part of the reason according to the prei.  I thought it was strange too since my bp, urine, growth... etc has all been great throughout the pregnancy.  This is exact

New Mommy since 4/3/13

• What are the risks of being induced?  Our baby measured 7 lb 13 oz at 36 weeks and later this week, at 38 weeks the OB wants to do an internal and determine if we should schedule to be induced at 39 weeks, for fear of the baby being too big.  A
  • I would decline being induced unless there is a very very sound medical reason. I'm alarmed by all the scheduled c sections and inductions i read about - something does not seem right...
  • imageBigPoppa22:
    What are the risks of being induced?  Our baby measured 7 lb 13 oz at 36 weeks and later this week, at 38 wee
  • Stop thinking of yourself as a patient and tell your OB no!--there's nothing wrong with you, you're pregnant -- the most natural thing in human history!

But, if you really want to stimulate labor I have heard of the following: pineapple, spicey f

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nipple stimulation, both with my hands, DH hands, and my manual breast pump, has definitely given me some contractions!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My midwives told me the only two things that are proven to actually ripen the cervix (studies to back them up that is) are acupuncture and nipple stimulation. Tell the acupuncturist that you're there for cervical ripening. He/she should ask if your OB/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • With DS1 I walked a ton and I do believe that helped me go into labor.  With my twins, I did EVERYTHING except for the tea and castor oil, nothing got them antsy.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • imagetokenhoser:

imageBigPopp
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagessemovsk:
    I would decline being induced unless there is a very very sound medical reason. I'm alarmed by all the scheduled c s
  • imageagytay:

imagessemovsk
  • imagessemovsk:
    imageagytay:</str
  • imagessemovsk:

Yes, I read that she has GD. And no, I still do not agree with induction. Many women have GD and go on to deli

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"