3rd Trimester
Options

My cat is driving me insane!

My cat is normally cuddly but not overbearing, not "in your face" or annoying... but these last few months I am ready to throw him against a wall!! He is constantly meowing at the closet door (where we keep the food) begging to eat when he has already been fed. We haven't changed how much we feed him and he is by no means underfed. What's worse is that he wakes us up between 6 and 7 every morning by pawing at the pillows next to our heads. No matter what we do he keeps it up until we get up and feed him. He has also been completely obsessed with me. No matter what I do he is either on top of me or under my feet (nearly tripping me half the time). He even sleeps on my pillow above my head. The worst part, though, is that he has started biting (not terribly hard and not being mean) when he doesn't get enough attention, and even sometimes while we are petting him and he's cuddling up with us. 

I am assuming the pregnancy has affected him somehow but I am going nuts and I don't know what to do! I want my normal, sane. lovable cat back :( Any ideas??

Re: My cat is driving me insane!

• Options

if you truly believe he is not hungry, maybe check inside that closet to see if there is a dead mouse or something. maybe he smells something else inside. If there's nothing in there, can you feed your cat a bit more? I feed my cat on demand, whenever

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imageRussianMommy:

if you truly believe he is not hungry, maybe check inside that closet to see if there is a dead mouse or somethi

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedaraceleste:
    imageRussianMo
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

imagebintmejnuna:
    My cat has been extra needy lately too. I think he knows something's up and doesn't quite know how to handle it.
  • Options
    imageRussianMommy:

most likely you smell different to him, and he just wants to make sure you're okay. My cat has also been jum

• Options

I have a cat and am experiencing similar things, however, I've tried a few remedies I read about:

1. Ignore your cat when he meows.  I know this is difficult, but try.

2. Have your cat smell some of the baby's items so it can get used

• Options
    What?? Ignore a cat when it meows?? That's so sad. He wants something. You shouldn't just ignore him. Even if you just talk back to him and say "hi, how are you doing?" I talk back to my cat when he meows. What's the point of having a pet if you don't int
  • Options

Our 3 year old cat is driving us crazy too.  He is a sweet and loving boy, but he has become so clingy lately.  I have had pretty bad swelling my legs and he is obsessed with hopping onto my knees as soon as I put my feet up.  With this

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MmW36MmW36 member

Our cats have been driving me crazy, too. We brought them him less than two months before I found out I was pregnant, so it's really just normal kitten/cat behavior. I'm not really a "pet" person, but my husband just can't be happy without a warm, fuzz

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My cat sleeps on top of my bladder which wakes me up constantly. No sympathy.

Just kidding! I know that sharing your pillow with a cat is just as obnoxious.

My cat also constantly asks for food, constantly wants in the garage, and constantl

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I got my cat the day i found out i was having a little girl. She was only about 2 months old and since then she has developed many weird habits! She loves to play fetch and constantly meows or "talks" to me. Since the day I got her she also has always sle
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My Cat is overly attached to me right now!! too... drives me insane.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"