January 2013 Moms

S/O Side-eyeing infants being fed food

Infants Are Fed Solid Food Too Soon, CDC Finds

This is a relevant article on the topic about a study conducted by the CDC that was published recently.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
*My Blog*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
10/50 Read

my read shelf:
Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: S/O Side-eyeing infants being fed food

• DH just sent that article to me yesterday. Glad we read it because we were thinking we might start solids (very slowly) at 4 months (pending our pediatrician's approval her her 4 month appointment) but now we are deciding to start at 6 months no matter wh
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • This is making me wonder when my mom started us on solid food..... I'd ask her but she wouldn't remember. =)

I want to wait because to me it's a sign of DS getting big and growing up and I want him to stay a little baby forever. Haha!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePrivacyWanted:
    imageepon
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • I can not imagine starting solids as early as some of those moms.  My plan is to EBF until DD is 6 months old, then we will slowly start introducing solids. Her pedi already said she wouldn't advise we start on solids until 6 months. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• It is funny this came out now because my husband and I were just talking about it. He asked when we start the cereal, and I did not know, I am a FTM. I know you start with the cereal and make it super thin.....is that at 6 months? I am not sure what th

• Yeah, I don't understand what the hurry is. I didn't plan on anything but formula until 6 months.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I feel like because I've fought so hard to make breastfeeding work for us there's no way I'm giving it up before 6 months!
  • Solids are such a pain. I don't know why anyone is in a hurry. We started DD1 around 7 months, with avocado and banana and later added rice cereal only because of the iron.
  • imageemja0214:

It is funny this came out now because my husband and I were just talking about it. He asked when we start the cereal

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Just had C's 2 month appt and our doc said 6 mos for breastfed babies. She said don't hurry it and I'm inclined to agree. My hubs kept trying to sneak baby food this weekend while we were visiting him and I wanted to brain him. Babies don't eat fettucine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At our 2 month appt, our pedi also mentioned that when we come back for DS's 4 month appt we can then start talking about solids...but TBH, I really have no clue why we need to rush into it when DS does just fine on formula. With all of the recent informa
  • Our pedi said that if she starts getting interested in our food after 4 months we could start her on solids, but to really try to wait until at least 6 months if we can. Which is also what we plan to do. I was also really surprised that she told me that I
    Anniversary

• Back in the 60s a big name Pediatrician pushed solids early, like by 2 months early. This was still going strong in the 80s as I was fed bananas at 10 weeks. I lived but I certainly wont do the same lol I am pretty sure we'll do baby led weaning...she alr
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With DS#1, we started at about 4.5-5 months.  But only because he was super interested and started grabbing at our food and bringing it to his mouth.  We never did cereals though, and what he got before 6 months was never meant to be a meal, but
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• We started b on solids at 4 months but like PO said he was really interested in food and would get mad while we are dinner and lick his lips when we would put food to ours. He also wouldn't nurse or take a bottle so our ped said to try it and see how he d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
  • imageapansey87:
    Back in the 60s a big name Pediatrician pushed solids early, like by 2 months early. This was still going st

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm in no hurry either. The pedi at my son's 2 month appointment suggested giving him 1 tbl spoon of cereal a day at 4 months (watered down with formula) just to get him used to swallowing something more solid but stressed it had no nutritional value and
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"