3rd Trimester

my fiancé is "nesting"

I'm 33 weeks along and have done my fair share of nesting at this point. What has surprised me, tho, is my fianc? going through his own version of nesting. He gone into total "provider mode" as I call it. It started with the usual stuff - going over the budget, re-assessing his business ventures, and consolidating debt. The  last few weeks have brought about a few surprises, however... 15 surprises to be exact. The Saturday before last he came home with 12 baby chicks. He wants to raise chickens for eggs. I was okay with that and consented to have them living under a heat lamp in my living room until they are old enough to go outside in the chicken coop he is building. I got another surprise (or 3 surprises rather) this Saturday when he came home with 3 young bunnies. These, apparently, he wants to breed and raise for meat. I just kinda laughed and said okay, as long as they stay outside. He built a hutch for them this past Sunday and watches over them, and his chicks, with adorable diligence. We are also starting a vegetable garden (again, Bob's idea) within the next few weeks. I love gardening so this will be fun for me.

We live in the country, and I grew up with chickens and rabbits, so I am really okay with all of it. I think it will be good for the baby - "Little Bob" as we call him - to grow up with the animals. I think it will teach him about responsibility, hard work, understanding where food comes from, and even life/death issues. Plus it will be fun to see him chase chickens around the yard lol. 

While I am excited about all he has planned, I am honestly feeling a little overwhelmed. Part of me wants to say "Honey, you know we are having a BABY, right? He's probably going to take up quite a bit of time and energy..." Yet I can't bring myself to be anything but supportive. His motives are so pure and he is so excited about everything. He is going to be such a good daddy. I'm sure it will all work out well with our "farm" in the end and be a lot of fun for us and the little guy :) 

Re: my fiancé is "nesting"

• This sounds like my DH. He's in the military and we're stationed overseas right now, but he's looking into buying about 40 acres of land for us to retire on and plans on getting chickens and rabbits for the exact same reasons your FI did.

Frankly

BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • That's so sweet! I love hearing about dads-to-be nesting!

My DH actually practiced putting diapers on a teddy bear last week. It was the cutest thing ever. Then, without any prompting from me, he started practing the correct way to hold the "baby

• Loading the player...
  • imageAFBTB:

This sounds like my DH. He's in the military and we're stationed overseas right now, but he's looking into buying about

• imageHennieLee:

That's so sweet! I love hearing about dads-to-be nesting!

My DH actually practiced putting diapers on a teddy

• imagedaraceleste:
    imageAFBTB:</s
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • imageAFBTB:

OMG, I lurve you. My DH is totally all about the zombie apocalypse, lol. He jokes that's the "real" reason why we are g

• I actually wish my DH was nesting..we would get a lot more things done if this were the case. Hopefully it is coming though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Raising bunnies for meat??
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • That's really sweet! The eggs will be great once little Bob is past a year. We only feed our son eggs from my MIL's chickens, its nice to know whether the food comes from.

All my DH has done to prepare is work on hi us motorcycle :/ its so he can

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Raising bunnies for meat??

Yep. They are actually really very good and much more practi

• Man... I wish we could have bunnies and chickens but we live in city limits, so that isn't legal for us. Also wish my husband would start nesting, so far the best I've gotten is him to help me in my nesting endeavors, lol... which I guess is more than a l
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"