September 2013 Moms
Options

Bed Rest Blues

Well, as of yesterday, I'm ordered to stay home and rest. It's not complete bed rest; I can still get up and go sit on the sofa, but its pretty much rest, rest, rest and I'm going bonkers already!

I'm usually a pretty active person and this forced inactivity on top of the inactivity due to being so sick with hg is really bugging me despite the fact that I'm really tired.

I wound up with vaginal bleeding and went to the ER Sunday night for an absolutely horrible experience.

Called my doctor the next morning and was told to come in immediately. I was still lightly bleeding, probably more the remainder trickling out after the er doctor made me bleed more with his rough handling, and was cramping a bit, so my doctor did an ultrasound to check on everything.

Cervix is closed, no low-lying placenta or placenta previa, and the bleeding wasn't from the pregnancy. Thank GOD! We saw my little one and found out that we're likely having a girl! My doctor is pretty certain even though I was only 14 weeks and 2 days. She weighs 3 oz., has all the right organs, and was kicking up a storm! My doctor said she's feisty already. Baby is fine, but I was ordered to rest. I didn't even have an option. They faxed the orders to my work. The secretary told me I'd better take care of myself, so apparently, they agree with my doctor. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure my baby is healthy, but I'm so BORED!

Any ideas to help keep me occupied? I have a kindle but that only keeps me occupied for so long and I can't find where my husband put our playstation and he's at work. 

Re: Bed Rest Blues

• Options

Relax and enjoy. Start a TV series on netflix or HBO/Showtime on demand if you have it? Work on your registry if you're doing one?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    look up craft projects you can do on bedrest and then tell your husband to pick up the supplies.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejjkaye:

Relax and enjoy. Start a TV series on netflix or HBO/Showtime on demand if you have it? Work on your registry if

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'll take a look at some of the craft stuff. I've been watching TV or doing computer stuff most of the day so I'm bored with that. My brother has netflix, so I might be borrowing his login when he's not watching something. He's right down the hall sinc

• Options
    imagespirithawk06:

I'll take a look at some of the craft stuff. I've been watching TV or doing computer stuff most of the day so I'

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My baby's future Godmother and I already knocked most of those things out. She's been pretty enthusiastic. I think her excitement is pretty close to mine! It doesn't hurt to take another look, but we did a ton already. 
  • Options
    Journal!

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• Options
    Bed rest sucks! I've been on it since 12 weeks for a prolapsed uterus. I am not being a very good patient either. I feel great and I am bored to tears! I feel like I check the same websites, emails, Pinterest all day long. I have finished my DSs first yea
  • Options
    imagejjkaye:
    Relax and enjoy.nbsp;Start a TV series on netflix or HBO/Showtime on demand if you have it? Work on your registry if you're
  • Options
    bexsdbexsd member
    Read every book you have on your list! That's what I'd be doing!
  • Options
    I have been ordered to rest due to a bad flu bug and I started to crochet. It was super easy to learn and now I am making a little bunting bag for the baby :) It helps the time pass.
  • Options

You could make one of those origami mobiles.  I've seen cranes and different things.  Super cute. 

With registries I think you can block them from public view. 

There are free black and white designs for infants. 

• Options

I found some really cute yarn to make a wreath with! It's a soft print with pink, purple, blue and white. Mom's going to the store this afternoon and has promised to look for me.

I'm hoping this bed rest doesn't extend past the one week that my d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"