Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

what am I doing wrong????

My almost 4 month old will not nap unless it is on me! I know he is tired - his eyes are rolling back, cranky, the whole thing. He has no problem just passing out in my arms but the second I put him down in the crib- BAM! Wide awake! I cant hold him while he naps- he will be in day care in 2 months and he needs to learn to nap without me.

HELP!  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: what am I doing wrong????

• Options
    You're not doing anything wrong. It's completely normal. Do you have a baby carrier? That would really help you get things done while he's asleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This was my LO. We started having better luck when we put him down drowsy, and not sound asleep. He still does this sometimes, though. Do you swaddle?

Also, sometimes when my LO does this I won't pick him back up, but I'll give him his paci and

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It sounds like your baby associates sleep/nap with sleeping on you. I would suggest putting him down drowsy and then patting/rubbing his back for as long as it takes to fall asleep--but not picking him up for at least 5 mins (if he is still fussing/cry

• Options

Have you tried letting him cry for a couple of minutes?  DD sometimes wakes up when I put her down in the crib but if I scoot out of the room and let her cry for a couple of minutes, she mostly settles down and goes to sleep on her own.

I

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I experienced this. When my DS was about 4 months, I couldn't get him to nap very long at all. I think it was part of that "4-month wakeful period" thing. He's now a pretty good napper.
    photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

• Options
    Sorry if this posts twice, my phone is acting up. DD is 5.5 months and will only nap in our arms at home. But, she does sleep in her crib all night and naps in a crib just fine at daycare.
  • Options
    imageKimbus22:

If DH and or I were home, DS would only nap if we held him until he was 9 months old.  But for the sitter, h

babies

• Options
    My baby was doing the same at about 2,5 months. I swaddled her and it worked wonders!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"