1st Trimester

The whole bath thing.

I take baths. I like baths. I refuse to believe that my baby fetus sac thingy will be burned up from taking a bath.  The real danger is if my temperature is elevated for an extended period of time, which would be so difficult in a regular bath tub (unless you have a Jacuzzi bath or something).  So I should not think twice about taking a bath tonight, right?

Re: The whole bath thing.

• You should be ok taking baths. The main reason my OB said that baths weren't recommended was because it can encourage yeast infections and UTI's. They grow better with a moist warm environment. As with most things, it is fine unless in excess.
  • imagelovedryn:
    You should be ok taking baths. The main reason my OB said that baths weren't recommended was because it can encourag
  • Loading the player...
  • You cant take away my hot dogs... enjoy your tub time:)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LOL I have the same attitude with baths. Sometimes all I need to relax is a nice warm bath and a book to read. I took baths a lot with my last pregnancy and had zero issues and my doc wasn't concerned about them, she only warned about hot tubs.
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imageshelliescove3:
    You cant take away my hot dogs... enjoy your tub time:

Haha thanks for the laugh nee
  • I was being over cautious and avoided in most of first tri, but I've been taking them now.   I know our shower/tub has something in the plumbing that won't let the temp get scalding hot.    I think it's temps over 101 degrees t

Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• This makes me feel sooo much better! I miss my baths so much! This gives me hope that I will be able to relax in my big bathtub without worrying that I'm going to hard boil the baby. I'm guessing the trick is cooler water, short and sweet. :)
  • I'm so glad you posted this because I love taking baths!  I was thinking of getting a thermometer to tell me how hot the water was and to keep it under 100.  I read recently that saunas/hot tubs weren't good, but a bathtub was okay since "your s
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • hot showers are how I survived my last pregnancy. I didn't even get out to deliver my daughter. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not giving up my baths either. I just don't let them get too hot anymore

Me (32) DH (33)
    Surprise BFP 2-7-2013

• FFS, you can take baths.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    FFS, you can take baths.

Seriously!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • this was definietly one of my concerns. Im a bath person... i love baths & couldnt imagine going through the 1st trimester w/o being able to take a bath..

thanks for posting this, good to know :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageLikeRelievingAHeadache:

image <strong
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • I took baths up until giving birth to my first....just not as hot. The only reason not to I'd of you're on pelvic rest as a close friend of mine is to avoid infection because of her prior pregnancy history.
    image @wa_tracy image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart
  • I bathe everyday and my peanut is doing fine. It helped with my ms too.  My only fear is that I may have a sea monkey growing, cause we like water. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I like hot baths and have taken one almost every night since getting pregnant. Don't worry about it. 
    photo IMAG0561-002-Copy2-Copy_zps16abfae1.jpg
  • I'm commenting on this just to show another side of the coin from the other comments and not because I'm trying to put a damper on your parade or b/c I think your opinion is wrong in the least bit b/c I totally understand where you're coming from. It's mo

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • take a bath. i havent stopped.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I think they're OK as long as they aren't too hot.

• I got a thermometer when I was pregnant with my first to make sure the bath water was 100 or below.  Either the thermometer was wonky or 100 does not feel very warm to me.  I had to stick with showers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"