Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Feeling overwhelmed w/ two kids

I have two LOs... DS is almost 3 yo and DD is almost 5 mos. Honestly, I never anticipated it being this hard. I feel OVERWHELMED with all the running around and being pulled in two different directions. Also, DS was a much easier baby then DD is. It's a much different experience and I am exhausted. DD catnaps like crazy so I can barely get anything done and she has her super fussy moments and wakes up all night with what I think is the 4MWP. DS is in his terrible 2's and is super defiant at times, which I know is normal, but I find it so hard to deal with his tantrums sometimes. And now he is waking up super early now to boot.  DH works late and long hours and I miss working so much (I'm a SAHM). I'm hoping things get easier once the baby gets older and DS and her can play together. Just needed to get that out! : )

Re: Feeling overwhelmed w/ two kids

• Sorry I have no advice but hope things settle down and get easier for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Do you have family/friends who can help you out? Don't be afraid to or feel guilty about asking for help, and take all the help people offer :)

My parents had 7 kids, including me, and with just having one so far, I don't know HOW they survived w

• Loading the player...
  • Wow I could have wrote the myself except I have a 5 month old and a 19 month old. DH is out of town every week just comes home on the weekends, I work full-time, and our closest family is 14 hours away. BUT we will survived I tell myself, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • image+MeganS+:
    Sorry I have no advice but hope things settle down and get easier for you!

Tha

• imagemilwaukeej:

Do you have family/friends who can help you out? Don't be afraid to or feel guilty about asking for help, and take

• imagekbruington:
    I've been thinking a lot about when I'm going to have another baby and I'm worried about exactly what you are desc
  • imageCaseyk1127:
    Wow I could have wrote the myself except I have a 5 month old and a 19 month old. DH is out of town every week jus
  • bgf1bgf1 member

I have written this post myself a month ago.  In fact I did on the Parenting Board.  

I have a son who will be 2.5 in a month and a 3.5 month old daughter.  I am taking the full one year maternity leav

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagesashmom:

imagekbruington
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel that way too at times. DD is 3 1/2 and is just now becoming defiant and throwing herself on the floor. The worst part is she waits until I'm feeding DS or doing something with him where I can't tend to her to act out. She also has started protestin
    imageimage
  • Holy crap! You are me!!! DS will be 3 next month, DD is 4 months. DS was so laid back as a baby. DD is a total drama queen. DH works 12 hour shifts so it's really tough on the days he works. Some things that have really helped me are handing over certain

• EDL06EDL06 member

I'm going thru almost the same thing, except my older DD is 4 yo, an DD#2 is 4 months. It is a stressful time, and I feel endless amounts of guilt. DD#1 watches entirely too much tv, and I have about 75% less patience for her than I used to.

But

• imagebgf1:

I have written this post myself a month ago.  In fact I did on the Parenting Board.  

<span style="font-

• Thanks so much to all of you for your responses. I am feeling more relieved and less alone. I will absolutely try and get some more help and try as well to keep in mind that this is a phase. Thank you all again SO MUCH!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"