Postpartum Depression
Options

How are your SOs dealing with your ppd/ppa?

How are your SOs dealing with your ppd/ppa?

Im just wondering how everyone else's husbands or significant others are dealing with it. Are they supportive? Confused? I feel like MH doesn't quite understand the seriousness or severity of it. He's only been adding to my stress and I don't know what to do. I asked if he's done any research on it and he has and I've even sent him links about it. He and his family don't like medicine and kind of think depression and anxiety can just be controlled.  Any advice is welcomed! TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How are your SOs dealing with your ppd/ppa?

• Options

My DH was very confused and didn't understand, though he definitely tried. It's difficult to understand if you haven't experienced it yourself. The first time I admitted myself to an inpatient psychiatric program, he told me he felt like I was abandoni

• Options
    This is a great idea, thank you !
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH is really supportive. He makes sure I eat enough and get enough rest. 

• Options
    DH was super supportive, but it completely stressed him out & I think is part of the reason he doesn't want anymore kids.  When he'd call to check in, he never knew if I'd be normal or a complete wreck.  However, he always reminded me to eat
  • Options
    It's gotten worse as the PPD has continued after several months (which I know it can last awhile; it's just difficult to deal with it day in and day out).  Our marriage is hitting a real rough patch and we're going to be getting some counseling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"