Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Waking up all night

Anyone else's LO wake up 5 or more times a night? Last night DD, who is 2.5 months old, went down at 7:30 and slept til 11, then woke up a few times just needing her paci. She woke up to eat at 1 and at 4 but was up every hour in between, and after until 6. Her paci or holding her a bit helped.

I am just so tired and this broken sleep can't be great for her either. She doesn't always wake up this much but I'd say it happens a few times a week. The other days are more like 2 to 3 times a night which is at least manageable. I didn't expect her to STTN yet but this many wakeups seems extreme. Especially since she doesn't need or want to eat all those times.

I hope it's a passing phase, and that I am not doing something wrong. Anyone else?

PS if your LO STTN please don't post it here!! I am so tired of hearing about STTN babies, no offense...

Norah transformed our family January 6, 2013

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Waking up all night

• I am in the same situation and feel your pain. I think each baby has a different course. I am hopeful that one day soon things will get better. I'm working on daytime napping outside of my arms right now and my LO made it for 3 minutes after being placed
  • imagekbruington:
    My 1 year old still does this occasionally! A 2.5 month old doesn't know how to sleep well so it's normal for her

• Loading the player...
  • I'm right there with you. We just went through a formula change so I'm hoping that has something to do with it...but these nights are crazy. Last night, she went down at 8, up at 12, down at 1, up at 3, down at 4 and up at 5:30 for good. She did nap fo

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • imagebjlucas1:
    I am in the same situation and feel your pain. I think each baby has a different course. I am hopeful that one day s

• Are you swaddling her really tight?  DD will sleep a little longer for me if she's wrapped up tight.  DD will wake up anywhere from every four hours to every hour.  The paci for us is useless because I just have to hold it in her mouth.&nbs
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is 2 months and we are going through the same thing. Really hoping it's a phase like the PP said cuz I'm exhausted!

Love that you said that about STTN by the way! So not helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemkanderson85:
    Are you swaddling her really tight?nbsp; DD will sleep a little longer for me if she's wrapped up tight.nbsp; DD will

• Definitely one of the MANY phases they go through. Very normal. I also hate when when people talk about their babies that STTN. My son didn't STTN until after he turned two. Some kids are just natural sleepers and some aren't. I definitely would not worry
  • I could have written the same post... the thing that is making me even crazier than the sleep deprivation is trying to find a pattern.. I can not find anything that predicts if it will be a good night of sleep, 23 wakes.. or a not so good night, 56 wakes.
  • My LO has nights like you described more often than not. I don't even know what STTN is. It would probably entail me waking frantically at the 5 or 6 hour mark and freaking out that he wasn't waking up and wondering why.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesararn2004:
    My LO has nights like you described more often than not. I don't even know what STTN is. It would probably entail me wa
  • If I count all the time I put him down, he falls asleep, and then wakes up minutes later with gas, then my DS is definitely waking up 5 or more times.  This started last week.  He has a nice 5 hour stretch (and I think that going from a four hou
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't have much advice for you but so glad to see all of the other moms that are having this issue. My LO is 9 weeks this week and is just starting to get a little better at night. For awhile there I feel like all I was reading on this board is how much
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally agree with you! I'm tired of hearing "he should be sleeping more than that at his age." Yes I know but I am doing everything possible and no I'm not giving him cereal because that isn't the problem! Thanks for sharing this frustration! :) 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageajjudish:
    I don't have much advice for you but so glad to see all of the other moms that are having this issue. My LO is 9 weeks th

• My DS is 14 weeks and still not STTN. I don't think he ever will, he likes eating too much. He's in bed between 7 and 7:30, up to eat between 10 and 11, then 1:30, 3:45, 5 (if he ever goes back to sleep after the 3:45 feeding), and up for the day around 6
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I was having the same problem with my daughter. I called the pediatrician and they were able to give me some suggestions. She sleeps with her head elevated. Also discovered she hates to be swaddles 8weeks old and gets hot and sweaty at night. With these c
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"