Breastfeeding

Anyone still nursing at 9 months?

If so when are you feeding? Did your breasts change how full they've been getting?

I started a new more demanding position at work (not pumping during the day) and at the same time DS only feeds in the mornings and evenings. So it SEEMS my supply has plummeted (because I'm totally deflated and rarely fill up) but when DS nurses after a few minutes milk does come down and he seems to get his fill.

Has he recalibrated WHEN he eats? During the day he eats home made solids at day care and gets filled up.

My goal is to keep BF him until he's 1 (3 more months), I'll go further if I'm able to. 

Sharing any experience would be helpful.

I'm not stressed out about it because I'm super excited I made it this far but am curious. 

Thanks, 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone still nursing at 9 months?

• At nine months, I was nursing 3 times a day.  I work 2-3 days a week, 12 hour shifts, and I would pump only once at work, and before and after at home.  I never felt full though.  I know some BFing moms do have that full feeling still with
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still nursing here at 9.5 months.  I nurse him once in the a.m., pump twice at work, nurse twice after DC/before he goes to bed, one pump before I go to bed, then usually once overnight. I have noticed in the last week or so that I am no

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I SAH mostly and nurse a lot, still. DD gets 3 solid meals and nurses every 2h or so during the day. She also still wakes up a lot a night.

She gained over 1lb since last week, so I think that she still needs the feedings.

I do not feel ver

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • DS will be 1 on Saturday and we are still going strong with BFing. I Work 3 days per week (12 hour shifts) and I pump 3 times while at work. I'm planning to wean off the pump this week and probably just pump once while at work for about a week or two. I h
  • DS will be 9 months next week and we nurse 4-5x (7am, 5pm, 8pm and once or twice overnight) and I pump 3-4x (may pump before bed if needed). I nurse about every 2.5-3 hours on the weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS is 8.5 months and we nurse 5 times a day (7, 1, 5, 7:30, 10:30).  I don't pump anymore though.  I do feel quite full during the day in between nursing sessions and when I first wake up in the morning.  I'm actually rather indifferent as
  • At 9 months, it is really normal to not feel so "full" any more.  Your body is pretty well regulated.  I only feel a little full if I go 5+ waking hours.  It's also normal to not pump as much.  By 18 months with DD, I barely knew th

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"