Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bumbo seat

To bumbo or not to bumbo...
My friend offered to let me borrow hers, but I've heard mixed opinions. Plus that whole recall thing. Anyone use one? Why?
DD is 3.5 months, has pretty good head control and likes to sit up.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bumbo seat

• Personally, I don't bother - the whole recall thing makes me nervous.
  • Ah ok. Can't recall stupidity I guess, so they had to recall the seat.
    Maybe I'll give it a try and see if she likes it, especially since I won't have to pay for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I still have mine from my first. Already put my son in it. He loves it. He likes to sit up and I hate having to hold him sitting up all the time. He thinks the bumbo is amazing. Laughs every time I put him in it.

As long as you

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKemare20:
    Pretty sure the recall is just because idiot parents left their baby unattended on a counter top and the baby fell over.
  • I have one. I liked it at first, but then DS started spitting up because he's a little big for it, and was leaning too forward.

The recall is only because they decided to add straps to it, which was for idiot parents. I have one with the straps,

• I didn't look into the recall - thanks! Maybe we'll try one, also - DD loves to sit up but can't do so yet without support.
  • We decided not to bumbo. We did get the summer infant activity seat instead and she loves it! You can use it with the toys, with out toys and then when they are older as a booster type seat as well. I'm really happy with this seat.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• imagechricast:
    We decided not to bumbo. We did get the summer infant activity seat instead and she loves it! You can use it with th
  • imageirishprincess135:

Where did you get it? I didn't want to do the bumbo because she gets bored easily. BTW holy cute baby

• imageirishprincess135:

imagec
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• The recall is because stupid people left their infant unattended on tables so don't worry about that. We have a Bumbo and used is a decent amount with DS, but I don't really think we will use it with DD. We'll see. I wouldn't buy one but if someone if off

• My son is 17 weeks and loves his. The recall was because some parents were using it as a babysitter. I put him in it on the floor and then I put some toys on it and we play and grasps toys. Plus it is helping him get stronger to sit on his own.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got ours on consignment.i think i paid $10 for it. So far, DD loves it sometimes and hates it others. She likes to sit if she's in the mood, but right now, she's going through a stage where she doesn't want to be held or confined for too long- she want

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• My sil gave me hers. I wasn't sure if we were going to use it bc of the recal and mixed opinions. Faye is trying so hard to sit up any time she's in an inclined position. I put her in it the other day and she loves it! I sit in front of her and we talk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"