Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Finally! Good news!

LO has Down's Syndrome and a heart defect.  We had no clue until she was born then we were hit with ds, AV canal (heart defect), severe acid reflux, and then a milk protein allergy.  She is 4 months old but b/s of a lack of weight gain looks like she's 2 months.  We just haven't been able to catch a break.  Until...

Last week we when to the cardiologist planning to schedule open heart surgery within the next 2 months.  Doc did an echo and EUREKA!!  The lower half of her heart between the ventricules has closed up and her heart is working more efficiently than it needs to!!  The attria is still open , but no.    surgery until DD is 9-12 months!  HAPPYDANCEJIGBOUNCEFLIPCHEERCRYSCREAMHOOPLA!!!!

Re: Finally! Good news!

• Oh my goodness! That is great news!! My sister in law is 20 years old and has Down's Syndrome. She had open heart surgery when she was 2 months. I'm so happy for your family and your LO!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sounds like you were due some good news and you got it... DS can be scary at first but once you have a minute to breathe I hope you can realize that instead of a sad/stressful thing you can realize you have the opportunity to raise an amazing child who wi
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • So glad you finally caught a break!  I hope things continue in this direction!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's wonderful news! I'm sure you must be so relieved!

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• What a relief! Think of all the stories you'll have to tell your LO as an adult ;)
  • So wonderful! I hope things continue to go well for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Amazing!  I hope you and your family do something special to celebrate!
    Anniversary 
  • What great news! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"