Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Thrush Monster! Help!

My 11 week old son has been battling with what we were told was thrush.  He has a white coating on the middle to back of his tongue.  It is pretty far back, so it is difficult to try and wipe off, There are no white patches on his gums, lips or cheeks, and he has never developed a diaper rash.  His feeding has not been affected, he eats great.  We have tried multiple treatments.  Nystatin, 20 day course of diflucan, gentian violet, grapefruit seed extract.  I have spent hundreds of dollars on new bottles/nipples/pacis.  We boil them after each use as well. 

He shows no sign of anything else such as an immunodefficiency. He has no fevers, gaining weight appropriately (14lbs), he is not fussy.  Is there a chance that this is just a white tongue from a milk diet?

TIA

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

Re: Thrush Monster! Help!

• My baby has a white tongue too. My dr said it can be normal from the milk. He said if she had no other problems like you listed then she is ok.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My DS had thrush when he was an infant and it was on his gums and inside of his cheeks. From what I remember it wasn't on his tongue. I also had it on my nipples which totally sucked. DD always had a white patch on her tongue from milk. Did a doctor diagn
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter had thrush for about 4 months and it was a PITA.  We went through rounds and rounds of medication and nothing seemed to help, although she did have spots on her gums and cheeks.  I swear it finally went away once we were able to i

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMelTwe:

My daughter had thrush for about 4 months and it was a PITA.  We went through rounds and rounds of medication and

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• I have a feeling we'll be going in at the end of this round of Meds. At least he doesn't seem uncomfortable because of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"