Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Swing question

Our DS is 1 month old and I'm wondering if a swing is necessary? We had a papasan swing with DD and she used it maybe a handful of times and slept in it twice. I spent a small fortune on it and ended up selling it as nearly brand new. We also had a traditional swing for her that never once got used because she hated it so much. So I figured I would save the money this time around and didn't bother getting one for DS. He is a happy baby in his bouncy seat and spends tons of time on his tummy and lives in his moby the rest of the time. I was just curious if there is another reason to have a swing besides having a different place for LO to play/sit/sleep? Should I get one for him? Like I said, hes pretty content 95% of the time, but with only 3 places for him to really hang out during the day, I wasn't sure if I should get a swing to offer him one more place to be. I just don't want to waste money if its not necessary though. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Swing question

• If you're worried about price, you can buy second hand anywhere from 20, 40. I bought mine used for 40
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I have a friend that works at Fisher Price, so we got an awesome swing. That being said, DD is not that into it. She's pretty cool in her napper or on her playmat or sleeping in her bassinet and the swing adds nothing, really. If you kid is fine without,
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If he is happy without I think it's ok not to get one, however like PP said you can usually find pretty cheap secondhand.
  • If you've gone a month without one, I think it's safe to as you don't need it. DD1 never used the swing and didn't really care for it, so we sold hers. When DS was born I didn't feel like he had enough options if I needed to put him down, so after kicking
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had the Fisher Price Starlight papasan swing with my first and sold it with a bunch of other baby stuff when I got divorced since I figured I wasn't having any more kids. Having jinxed myself, I was pregnant a few months later and smacked myself upside
  • DD loves hers. Pretty well can get her to nap in it anytime. That being said maybe try a used one.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Every baby is different. We were given an awesome swing by LO's grandparents and he is just not that into it. It has never calmed him down...he has never slept in it. I think it's occupied him while we ate a grand total of five times for about 15 minutes

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• We have one that we used for DD and have it pulled out for DS.  He is 12 days old and so far hasn't used it.  I figure if he's content napping in the bouncer or in the crib or cosleeper, why introduce it.  He's doing pretty well sleeping on
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I never had a swing for DS. He loved his bouncer though. 

I bought a used swing for DD. With a toddler running around this time, it's nice to have an extra place off of the ground to put DD. I think it was $10 and it's the Fisher Price rain

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought an otherwise $250 swing that looks brand new at a baby consignment store for $60....My LO really enjoys his
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS used it two or three times, hated it.  DD uses it every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"