Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

In his swing too much?

DS will be 8 weeks old on Weds.  I feel bad because it just seems like he is always in his swing. Right now he gets up from a nap, eats, get a change, we play together for fifteen to twenty minutes.  He will then either get a little fussy, or I will need to get things done around the house, so I put him in his swing. He sits contentedly in it and eventually falls asleep. I just feel like I should be engaging him more, I guess. Sort of like I am just sticking him in front of a TV.  Nothing else really works for the length of time the swing does. The bouncy chair is hit or miss, and the play mat lasts for about five minutes.  Is it OK that he spends so much time in his swing? Or is there something else I should be doing with him? We go to a Mommy and Me music class on Tuesdays, so that gets us out of the house. I live in northern NH, so it's still too cold and there's too much snow for too many outdoor things.

Re: In his swing too much?

• Options
    As long as you're still interacting with him and spending quality time, getting tummy time a few times a day- I'm sure everything is fine. DD had horrible colic and reflux so she essentially lived in her swing. She slept in it (night and naps) and respond
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I feel guilty of this a lot too. DD still seems like she is ALWAYS sleeping. We get in good play time in the morning, but she spends a lot of time in her swing or the car seat in the afternoon because we're entertaining her brother and sister, making dinn
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't feel guilty. It is difficult to do too much with a newborn!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We use our swing a lot too although it's gotten a little less in the last few weeks (DD is 12 weeks now).

Once she falls asleep, we turn it off, so really she is just napping in there like a comfy seat/bed.  I don't put her in there du

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He naps in there every time, but when he goes down for the night, he goes into the RNP in our room.  We aren't doing any crib sleeping for a few more weeks, although I should start trying to put him in there for a few naps, bc he has only slept on an
  • Options
    I was just feeling guilty about this myself! Maybe we feel guilty because when our babies were first born we were with them and doing stuff with them 24/7, and now that we have spare time we feel neglectful. All I can say is my baby's asleep in his swing
  • Options

I feel like Colton spends too much time in his bouncy chair, but it's where he's happiest. I just make sure I'm talking and singing to him if he's been there awhile. Pretty sure he's already learned to tune me out, lol.

Also, I'm in southern NH,

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

OP - I was just fretting about this to my husband yesterday! Boy that Mom guilt just pops up all over the place, doesn't it?

My son loves his swing too - I play some music for him while he's in there if I feel like he needs to be awake and

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"