Babies: 3 - 6 Months

watery gunky eye

Baby woke up this morning with his left eye watery and with some yellow buildup all around it.  It doesn't seem to be bothering him but I have to clear out the gunk every hour or so to prevent it from getting crusty...am planning on calling the pedi tomorrow if it's still happening but I'm wondering if this sounds more like a clogged tear duct or pinkeye.
Anniversary 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: watery gunky eye

• Is the white part of the eye red?
  • Sounds like a clogged duct. C had one and we took him in because it freaked me out. We just massaged by his duct and was better in just a couple of days. His gunk was even a little green.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like pink eye. Our pedi said it was really common in infants. My DS already had it a few times. 
  • rmrmrmrm member
    it could also be an ear infection.
  • My LO had this and we took him to the pedi. She said either a clogged duct or pink eye. She suggested putting breast milk in it. If it was a clogged duct that should help and it cleared up within an hour or so. If massaging and that doesn't help or you no
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Definitely a clogged duct. My oldest had one & now my baby does... The doc gives me this eye medicine I can put on it when it gets really bad, basically trying to make sure it doesn't get infected.

Massage the corner of the

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like a clogged tear duct.  DS had one and it cleared up after massaging it a couple times.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks all, a hot compress really seemed to help.  On to the next thing! :)
    Anniversary 
  • It could continue to act up for a while - our DD had a clogged duct that was on-and-off for several weeks before it went away, which is totally normal for young babies.
  • I would say that it sounds like a blocked duct except that it happened overnight. It could very well be though. 

DD has had one since birth, despite doing everything to remedy it. I think she'll need surgery to unblock it :(

If it's an

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrsBigTime:

DD has had one since birth, despite doing everything to remedy it. I think she'll ne

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"