May 2013 Moms

breast friend vs boppy

I plan on breast feeding, is one better than the other? Which do you use/prefer and why?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: breast friend vs boppy

• I've never used the breast friend, but loved the boppy.  The boppy seems like it may be more versatile.  You can use it to prop up baby when he/she first is learning to sit, so they don't tip over backwards.  If they do, they land on the cu

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• I have the Boppy but I never used it when breast feeding my daughter. The Boppy is a staple, most anyone who has a nursing pillow uses it... But I've heard great things about My Breast Friend, including a recommendation to a group of FTMs from a lactation
  • Loading the player...
  • I used the my brest friend the first couple of months. I found it much easier than the boppy. It has a harder surface so I was able to position DS better than the boppy.  I loved the boppy when he was bigger and for tummy time or to sit him up a litt
  • I used the Boppy for DS1 and it wasn't supportive enough for the first month or two when he was really tiny. I was always shoving blankets underneath it for more support. It worked great once he got bigger and is nice for propping the baby up, etc as PP m
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The boppy didn't fit me very well and was always sliding out of position. The breast friend has a belt to clip it in place and that was really helpful. It was also easier to position baby on the breast friend.
  • I don't have any experience with the Breast Friend. I registered for and received a boppy. My SIL gave me a Mombo. I think it's maybe a BRU thing...it's similar to the boppy, but has one side that is flatter and firmer. I used my Mombo exclusively at firs
  • I registered for and received both at my shower. I plan to use the breast friend for feeding and the Boppy for sitting/tummy time. I had some friends who were short like me say the bobby never fit them right for feeding. So I'm hoping the Brest friend wil
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It seems to be a personal preference thing, from everything I've heard from friends. I am registering for both. 
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • image5953fpp:
    I used the my brest friend the first couple of months. I found it much easier than the boppy. It has a harder surface
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Boppy.
    Erica and Joey- Married on January 24th 2010
    Marni Brooke was born on November 6th 2010
    Expecting Twin BOYS Elliott Jacob and Benjamin Samuel due May 5th 2013!
    On Hospital Bed Rest as of January 4th 2013. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I had this same dilemma and decided to go with neither.  I love the versatility of the Boppy, but like the firmness of the Brestfriend.  Instead I put the Mombo on my registry.  It has a firmer surface for nursing and a softer side for tumm
    "I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me."~Maya Angelou BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have used the Boppy with the NB wedge. It was fine. When the baby was tiny, nursing was not hard on my arms. It wasn't until she got bigger but was still floppy that it got tough and the Boppy was a huge help. Then as she got head and body control, we d
  • I started out using a boppy because everyone uses them. I quickly found that I hated it for a lot of reasons. I didn't find it stable or comfortable and it was very hard to position on myself. Now, I will say it is great for propping baby when he/she is o

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"