Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby sleep routine?

Hi all, my son Graham was born on Monday. He is our first so we are just figuring this all out.

Does your baby have a sleep routine at night? I know brand new babies don't have a schedule and day and night are pretty much interchangeable. How long before they start having a regular sleep schedule at night? I know it will be a while before he sleeps THROUGH the night, but I would love to know that he will at least start consistently sleeping at night. I don't mind waking up a few times per night to feed him, but it is so frustrating when he won't fall or stay asleep at night, but fusses or cried instead. 

Re: Baby sleep routine?

• It takes a few weeks until they get the idea. Just keep a nighttime routine, keep noise and lights low, and do your best. Eventually they will sleep better at night. Some babies catch on quick, others do not.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You're in for a long ride mama! The only thing you can count on with newborn sleep is that it will change. DD is 7 weeks and we have a little routine going at night but I expect that to change. Stillshe wakes up at least twice to eat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekat1221:
    You're in for a long ride mama! The only thing you can count on with newborn sleep is that it will change. DD is 7 we
  • We just started getting a routine about 8 weeks when she started sleeping longer. Just go with the flow at this point.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS is 11 days old and I noticed that he as a period of relative fussiness/cluster feeding from about 10pm to 2am. Then he'll feed about 2a, sleep for a couple hours, then feed again at 4a.

At this age it's more about figuring out their patte
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageShadyKull:

imagekat1221:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would say the first three weeks of DS's life were exactly like you described. If he wasn't eating, he was fussing or straight up screaming.  He had an especially hard time of it at around 11 at night, and it could go until 2 a.m.  We establish
  • Our lil girl was born on Monday too!

We have been trying a few different things with her and have gotten pretty good sleep the past two nights. She hated her pnp the first night so we ended up putting the rnp in our room and she sleeps much
  • ta78ta78 member

We were lucky that DD never fussed much, she would just lay awake and grunt though. Around 3-4 weeks she started going down at 12 and sleeping 3-4 hours at a time. At 6 weeks she'd fall asleep at 11 and sleep 5 hour stretches. And since about 8 weeks s

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• We are at 6 weeks and have no real pattern yet....sigh. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Our two week old sort of has a pattern going, however she has had a few nights she was up even every hour.

To try and get her acclimated to bed time I try and have her ready for bed same time every night, swaddled lights low or off. This is u
  • At 10 weeks DD has slept 3 days in a row for 10 hours straight. The first night we were so scared we ran in to check if she was breathing.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • ta78ta78 member
    I would also recommend Happiest Baby on the Block, the book or you can YouTube the 5 S's he talks about.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"