Breastfeeding

Extended BF check-in

Thought it would be neat to see who else has an older nursling. 

1. How old is LO

2. How many nursings per day

3. If you work do you still pump

4. Whats your current plan re continuing/weaning

5. Anything else you want to share :)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Extended BF check-in

• And these are mine:

1. 18 months

2. 2 a day on work days, at bedtime and upon waking. Plus at naptime on weekends.

3. Quit the last pump session at work at 15 months!

4. I'm thinking around 2 or 2.5 years depending on whether he

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  13 months

2.  Random - some days a lot, some days just a few times.  He still nurses during the night as well.  Yawn.

3.  I just stopped a couple of days ago!  Hooray, freedom!!  DS hasn't been taking

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. 18 months

2. I would say 8ish on average

3. I don't work

4. I don't have a plan really.  I had been waiting until the summer time to try to wean because I had not got my period back, and we want to TTC.  I ju

• 1. 22 months

2. 3-4 on workdays, 4-6 on weekends

3. Nope. Returned to work at 12 months,  never pumped

4. Wait and see. I'm very pregnant (20 weeks right now) and don't know if my supply will hold out or what he'll want in the co

• Tokenhoser - I was in the same situation when I was pregnant with DS.  DD was still nursing multiple times a day and I kept waiting for it to change...we made it to my third tri before DD gave it up.  Until that point I was fairly certain she wa
  • 1. DS is 20months

2. depends, one when he wakes up, before nap time, as comfort here and there and before bed. We co-sleep, so if he wakes up in the middle of the night too.

3. I do not pump, and work 12hr days 2x/week, so clearly he 

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016
    Rainbow & Babe #4 EDD 7.28.18

• imageaglenn:
    Tokenhoser - I was in the same situation when I was pregnant with DS.  DD was still nursing multiple times a day
  • 1. My DS is 2.5 years old.

2. 3 times a day during the workweek, more on the weekends.  We just moved so he is nursing more frequently right now.

3. I stopped pumping at 18 months.

4. No plans.  I would like a break before c

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. 14 months

2. at 6 a.m. at 7:30 am before I leave for work, at 6 pm when I get home and at 8:30 for bed.  AND at 2 or 3 am since she will NOT night wean.  So about 4 times a day during the week.  On weekends she nurses whenever.

• 1. 13 months

2. Usually 4

3. SAHM - so no pumping. 

4. We are gradually weaning. I'm guessing it will be around 18 months when we are done.

5. I thought originally I would be so ready to be done at a year. But it's so easy

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love this thread!  Thank you for posting!  I have been lurking again lately (haven't had much time though) and have been feeling kind of lost now that I'm into the Extended BF phase, so this is great to have.

1. 18 months

2. Mor

• 1. DD is 22 months old 2. I couldn't even begin to tell you. She's a snacker pop on pop off I would say at least 6 times. 3. I stopped pumping 1 week shy of 1. My pumping situation was a nightmare and she had started refusing bottles. 4. No im

• 1. How old is LO

Just turned 2 this month

2. How many nursings per day

2-3 per day, sometimes once at night as well.

3. If you work do you still pump

Nope, I stopped just after a y

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

• I agree with Jess!ca - very happy to see this thread.  I love this board but sometimes feel like I don't relate as much now that we are past many of the issues present during the infant stages.  

1. How old is LO

DS is 14 months.&nbs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm tandem nursing my 2y8mo and 6mo boys. My toddler nurses twice a day usually, but I bet if I let him he'd try for like 25x. I've had to really set limits now that I'm nursing two.

I stopped pumping at work when DS1 turned one and just nurs
  • imagelitzo27:

Thought it would be neat to see who else has an older nursling. 

1. How old is LO

14 months

• Milo will be 16 months on Monday. He is with me 4 nights a week and with X for 3 nights a week. I pump once a day while he is gone. I stopped pumping at work when I left X [DS was almost 11 months]. I also didn't work for a month and a half.  DS d

• 1. 18 months

2. am, pm, and during night still.

3. Not pumping anymore

4. was going to self wean, but now not sure. by now my son had self weaned.

5. my daughter has been nursing a lot more lately. very whiny as well

• Ah! I'm sorry for starting the thread and running but I had a conference today. In case anyone checks back onto this thread - I'm so excited there are so many of us here! I've been missing Kellyboard message boards which had a past-one-year group. KM d

• imagelitzo27:
    Ah! I'm sorry for starting the thread and running but I had a conference today. In case anyone checks back onto this threa
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. 23 months

2. Normally 3-4, on vacation this week... a lot more than that if he could manage it.

3. Nope, returned to work at 12 months and never took the pump.

4. I'm too much of a pushover to wean, which means I'm now seriously co

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"