April 2013 Moms

My 1st "I would never" broken

Mobile : My 1st "I would never" broken

My SIL and her husband have 5 kids and regularly take them out to the movies. Their oldest is 7 and youngest is 18 months.  I always said I would never take my kids to the theatre until they were old enough to understand what is going on and be able to sit still for 2 hours. My girls are 2.5 and almost 4 yo. DH called and suggested we take them out to see The Croods tonight. I have never heard of the movie, haven't seen any previews for it and yet still have the tickets printed and ready to go. All DD1 can talk about is popcorn now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: My 1st "I would never" broken

• elbouelbou member
    Cute! I bet they will have soooo much fun! Let us know how the movie is. I've been thinking of taking my kids to see that too, but don't know anything about it either. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well they are about old enough to go, sit still and understand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I bet they will have so much fun! I am kind of impressed that you made it 4yrs without breaking an "I would never".

We took DD to her first movie (Brave) at 20 months, but left when she got restless. We went again right after she turned two and

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecourtneyt13:

I bet they will have so much fun! I am kind of impressed that you made it 4yrs without breaking an "I would never

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My son was 2 and a half for his first movie, Toy Story 3.  DD was still 6 months old, we went during the afternoon, and DD nursed and slept the whole time.  DS was in awe.  We love taking them to movies when something cute comes out - they
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It will be fun!  We took DD to see a movie at about 2.5 (maybe a smidge older, but not 3 yet) and she sat perfectly still and amazed.  She did get popcorn and was in heaven for 2 hours!
  • aw, I bet they'll love it!  It never even occurred to me to bring a toddler to a movie but my husband took our son just after he turned 2 on one of their dad/son days and I guess he sat still the entire time, munching popcorn.  :)
  • I think DD was about 2.5 when we went to see cars 2... She fell asleep. Her 2nd movie was just last month. She's 4.5 now and DH took her and my SD to see something and he said she loved it!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Taking DS to a movie is on my maternity leave to do list.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"