Breastfeeding

Need to boost milk supply

I am a first time mom and my little angel is almost 3 months. I am mostly pumping my milk right now because my nipples are completely destroyed. However I do still manage to latch him on occasionally. I need to boost my supply, I barely have enough for him and I will be devastated if I have to resort to formula. I have tried fenugreek and it did nothing, it also upset baby's tummy quite tremendously. I am currently taking brewers yeast tablets from whole foods and Vitanica lactation blend. The combination seems to be working yet again it seems that he is in extreme stomach pain in result of taking these. I am at a loss. I finally found something that worked but I can't have my baby in such pain. The doctor think he may have acid reflux but can't be sure. I am now giving him sone really good probiotics and that seems to be helping him. Anyways I really need to find something else that will increase my milk supply but will also be gentle on his tummy. Thank you for any input and help.

Re: Need to boost milk supply

• Eat oatmeal every day for breakfast, drink LOTS of water (80-100 oz. per day), and try Mother's Milk Tea (which you can find at Whole Foods). 

Try putting your LO to the breast as often as possible, even if it does hurt.  The more suck

• I used oatmeal and drank dark beer. I don't like beer, so I mixed half a bottle with cranberry juice and just sipped, then repeated. I drank it slowly, throughout the day. I never felt buzzed AT ALL. It definitely helped. I usually had just one beer a dy,
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oatmeal worked wonders for me.  I also read something about your body making more prolactin and increasing your supply if you pump both sides at the same time instead of one after the other (if you have a pump that can do two sides at once).  Go
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tried everything too, and the only thing that works for me is domperidone. No side effects to the baby.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • I am pumping at most 2 3oz. Total every 2 to 3 hours.my son drinks 4 oz. every two hours and eventually I would like to go back to work eventually with enough supply of milk for him. I go to my lactation consultant once a week. I have to use a shield whe
  • Have you talked to a lactation consultant in your area? She can work with you on getting baby latched on and why baby seems to be having stomach pain. For the best milk supply possible you will want to breastfeed only and not worry about pumping.

<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"