Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Do you wake LO during day?

When DD was a baby we used to wake her up during the day to feed her.  If it was 4 hours since a feeding, we would wake her to feed her.  Her pediatrician told us it's best for the baby to get her feedings in during the day so she would sleep good at night..  She started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks.  That was 2.5 years ago. 

DS is almost 4.5 weeks old.  Mostly he has been waking up on his own to eat every 3 to 4 hours, but if it has been 4 hours, we will wake him.  The longest stretch he has done at night is 4 hours and 40 minutes.  He goes to a different pediatrician who said not to wake him during the day.  She said it's best for him to wake up on his own since he will have a better feeding.  She also said that his sleep during the day will not effect how he sleeps at night.

Two different pediatricians with different advise.  Do you wake LO up during the day to eat?  If so, how are they sleeping at night?  

Re: Do you wake LO during day?

• Options
    I don't wake up LO during the day, but he rarely goes longer than 2 hours without waking himself. I haven't seen any amount of sleep during the day affecting his night sleep.  But again, he doesn't take hugely long daytime naps.  My advice would
  • Options

LO#1 was born at 39w4d once back to birth weight I was told to wake during the day after 3 hours and no more waking at night.

LO#2 was born at 36w4d.  She is almost 4 weeks old and same Dr's want me to wake after 3 hours during the day and 4

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

image2013mommy:
    I feed DS every 3-4 hours during the day. The majority of the time he is already awake or wakes up by the 3 hour ma
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I wake up my 2 week old during the day to feed him every 2 hours.  I am doing this to get more feedings in during the day so he won't wake as much at night.  It does seem to be working.  He now will sleep 4 hours at night and then 3 hour

• Options
    Wow! My baby won't go longer than two hours without waking to eat day or night! I think your four hours sounds great! Keep doing whatever you are doing because that's great!
  • Options
    My LO is 6 weeks and will usually sleep for a 6-hour stretch at night (which is awesome). Usually she eats every 3 hours in the day but some afternoons she
  • Options
    I never had to wake DD ever, day or night. She use to wake every 2 to 3 hours during the day and 4 to 5 hours at night.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"