January 2013 Moms

Caffeine Question

Do you have drinks with caffeine if you BF your baby? I read somewhere it can be hard in the baby's system. I had no caffeine drinks when we were trying, throughout my whole pregnancy, and so far since DD was born. I miss my coffee SO much and when DH makes a cup every morning it is such a tease. Do you drink caffeine?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Caffeine Question

• I usually have a cup of coffee once a day.  Sometimes it's decaf, sometimes it's not.  I did the same while I was pregnant as well.  One cup a day is definitely fine.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a cup of coffee every morning and a Coke maybe once per week. I did the same while pregnant. It should be fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Same.. 1 cup coffee a day plus caffeinated drinks once in a while. I'm not that worried about it. Then again, I also adhere to the "everything in moderation" theory about most things. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't seen a difference but I don't go crazy. One cup of coffee with a lot of creamer or a strong tea or chai. I don't drink a lot because I'm allergic but I love it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I drank 1 cup when I was pregnant, but I drink 2 in the morning and usually a glass of iced tea in the afternoon or even another cup of coffee in the evening. DD has no reaction to it whatsoever.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yup! Usually just a half caff latte or something and I generally time it so I drink it during nursing or right after (same logic as wine) so that LO isn't drinking milk that is super caffienated. Hasn't been a problem.
  • I drank caffeine in moderation while pregnant, but currently I'm caffeinefree. I miss coffee, but I drank a couple cups of coffee once when Georgia was a couple weeks old and we had the worst day ever, she just screamed and screamed. It absolutely could h

• I went cold turkey on caffeine the day I found out I was pregnant and I only had one sip of coke the entire time. I drank tons of caffeine each day prior to finding out I was pregnant. I have been drinking a regular coffee each morning and one diet soda e
  • I drink a chai every few weeks or so, but that's the only caffeinated beverage I drunk normally anyway. I try to stay away from soda (even caffeine frees) bc it zaps my milk I supply I feel! I just drink chocolate milk when I get a sweet craving instea

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I usually have one cup of coffee a day. One thing I do notice though is that it has a much greater effect on me now.  If I have a cup in the afternoon I have trouble sleeping hours later!

• Yup, I definitely have one, if not two, cups a day. Heck, they gave the girls caffeine in an IV in the NICU (it helped them have fewer brady events), so that pretty much made me not worry about it after the fact. :)
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yep.  I've had caffeine while TTC, pregnant and BFing...DD is fine.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageBrummy14:
    Yup, I definitely have one, if not two, cups a day. Heck, they gave the girls caffeine in an IV in the NICU (it help
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't drink caffeine at all except for hot cocoa and chocolate milk. If I do I have dh give her a bottle. She sleeps amazingly so I don't want to even chance it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
  • Thanks ladies! I just tried my first cup during her morning feeding. It tasted so good! Fingers crossed DD doesn't not get fussy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"