January 2013 Moms

Getting BF'd poop out of clothes

I had no idea it would be so hard toget breastfed poop out of clothes. I could use bleach on the whites but I also have stained colored clothes. Anyone have any tips?

Jacob, 1/14/13

Re: Getting BF'd poop out of clothes

• Oxi clean works for me
  • I have heard OxiClean too and oddly enough my friend who breastfed her son told me that letting the stains sit in sunlight really helps...she said it sounds strange but swore it worked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had some luck with just a lot of stain stick and sometimes washing twice before drying...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use Shout to get it out of our changing pad covers. Comes out completely!
  • Dawn dish soup. Weird, I know. But it is the only thing that has worked for me. It helps cut the oils that are in breastmilk poop. I spray it with Oxyclean after I get it all out as well, just to be sure. We had a few massive blowout a day after his shots

• Dreft stain remover.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never thought bf'd poop would stain bright yellow, in my case.  I have learned to not put the clothes soiled in dryer until you get the stain out.  I use oxi clean spray and then wash the clothing.  When done I check as putting in dryer a
  • Wash it then put it out in the sun to dry (with stain showing).  Serious. It works.
  • I use Shout. I haven't had any issues with staining.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I use both Oxi Clean spray and Dreft spray simultaneously. Let it soak and then wash it. No problems at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • imageArichison08:
    I have heard OxiClean too and oddly enough my friend who breastfed her son told me that letting the stains sit in sunl
    photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
  • imageMissNikki007:
    Dreft stain remover.

This is what we use and it works every time!
  • I fill a little tub with water and Oxiclean and then let the clothes soak until the stain is gone.
  • I have the OxiClean gelstick to pretreat until I can get to it (or for DH) then hit it with the OxiClean spray and scrub a bit with a soft toothbrush (relegated solely to the laundry and then the brush gets a bleach rinse).  As PP stat

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just throw it all in the washer and use the sanitize feature. Its a super hot water soak followed by a wash cycle.
  • imageArichison08:
    I have heard OxiClean too and oddly enough my friend who breastfed her son told me that letting the stains sit in
  • imagecodeaard:
    Dawn dish soup. Weird, I know. But it is the only thing that has worked for me. It helps cut the oils that are in breastm

BFP #1: 04/27/12 ~ Amelia Elizabeth born @ 41w0d on 01/08/13
    BFP #2: 08/28/15 ~ MC 9/21/15 I'll always hold you in my heart little one
    BFP#3: 12/09/15 ~ MC 12/18/15 <3 mommies second angel
    BFP#4: 03/28/16 ~ Beta #1 10dpo: 22, Beta #2 12dpo: 102, Beta #3 14dpo:  276.  US a 27dpo: GS sac and precious baby measuring 5w5d. US at 6w3d: HB @ 108 bpm.   EDD: 12/09/16   GROW BABY GROW! Mommy & Daddy & Big Sister love YOU so much! <3
  • Spray and wash immediately let soak in fir 5 min followed by a soak in warm water for half hour then run through the washer on warm! Do not dry the clothes that'll make the stain set in air dry till the stains completely out
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
  • Oxiclean or lay them out in the sun when wet. That's the cloth diaper routine.
    PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"