Breastfeeding

Yuck!!! Any suggestions?

My LO is 6 weeks old.... I am pumping in the am after her mid morning feeding to try to build a freezer stash as I'll be going back to work in 4 weeks. An hour after she nurses I'm only able to pump 4 oz total from both breasts. I started taking fenugreek and am going to make the cookies tomorrow, but holy moly the mothers milk tea is disgusting!!! I tried it this am and gagged. I love tea too, but this tastes like I'm drinking a mix between fennel and licorice ??? Do most of you like it it is it an acquired taste??? Do u add stuff to it? Any other ways to up my supply???

Re: Yuck!!! Any suggestions?

• Yeah, it's gross.  Did you add honey?  Add some honey.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Pumping 4 oz an hour after nursing sounds like a lot of milk. I don't think you need to boost your supply at all.

Anyway, I like the Mother's Milk Tea, but I like black licorice. I've heard adding honey can make it more palatable.

• Loading the player...
  • I had a low supply and used a product called More Milk Plus which helped me  a lot; however, like PP mentioned, 4 oz is a good amount to pump, esp in the afternoon.  Right now my LO is 12 months old. I pump like 6 oz in the morning and 4 oz in t
  • I would switch to a capsule product. I've been using one from https://www.breastfeedingherbs.com and it has several herbs in it. It's working great and I have been using it for a few weeks and increased my milk supply by a few ounces per pumping. Make sure
  • LOL! I just bought some the other day to try and made my first cup today...ICK!!!! I hate licorice to begin with so this was majorly gross to me. My LC told me that mothers milk has never been seen in studies to increase supply, but does a good job to

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAmyG:
    " An hour after she nurses I'm only able to pump 4 oz total from both breasts"
    pumping 4 oz at anytime is NOT LOW SUPPL
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Oh i thought I should have been making more....well I guess I'll stop being such a worrier. But I love kellymom,,,just took a look! Thanks a ton all, I feel much better!
  • 4 oz after a feeding is great.  4 oz in place of a feeding is even great!

In case you ever want to try the tea again, it is so much better if you add honey and cinnamon.  The honey brings out the subtler flavors in it, and the cinnamon

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I usually lurk and while doing so I read alot of reviews from mamas saying the tea was just nasty.  I've found the cookies and drinking water have helped me maintain my supply when pumping at work.  I try to drink about 16oz of water during my p

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow 4oz is a lot!!! I'd be happy and not try to make more or you'll end up engorged.

At 12 weeks 4 oz total was what I got when I replaced a feeding. And I had ample supply.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I turned it into an iced tea blend that is MUCH easier to get down. I use 4 bags of the Yogi Nursing Mother's Support tea, 2 decaf black tea (like Lipton) bags and steep it in 4-5 cups of boiling water for about 20 minutes. I make it so that it's reall

Visit The Nest!
  • Definitely sweeten it!
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageAmyG*:

" An hour after she nurses I'm only able to pump 4 oz total from both breasts"

pumping 4 oz at anytime is NOT L

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards