1st Trimester

What are you doing about caffeine?

I am about 4 second pregnant, and I love a good coke zero.  And there is so much conflicting information out there about drinking caffeine, so tell me what are you doing?

Re: What are you doing about caffeine?

• 200mg per day is considered the safe amount.

I'm personally not drinking any because it makes my nausea worse.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • At first I was doing none because of ms. But now I can enjoy some soda (i tend to need to let it go flat a bit first though due to carbonation). I have stopped drinking coffee due it not sounding good. I used to love coffee...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • I have a cup of coffee every morning. I did with my older 2 kids as well and my Dr said there is nothing wrong with it. But I do limit it to one cup of coffee a day. I don't drink soda, so that was/is not an issue for me. 
  • there is caffeine in chocolate but do you think I have stopped eating chocolate? NOPE

but as far as the pop goes, you should probably quit drinking it. It's not good for a non-pregnant person as is.  Dont drink your calories, or you will gai

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageRussianMommy:

there is caffeine in chocolate but do you think I have stopped eating chocolate? NOPE

but as far as the po

• imageDebateThis:

200mg per day is considered the safe amount.

I'm personally not drinking any because it makes my nausea wors

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imageMyBolognaHasAFirstName:
    image <stron
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • imageMyBolognaHasAFirstName:
    image <stron
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imageMyBolognaHasA
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• I was never a soda drinker, but significantly cutting my coffee down has been difficult.  I obviously was drinking 6-8 cups per day until I got a BFP one week after my missed AF.  The day after was miserable... I had a head ache for two days

• I would just limit your caffeine to no more than 1 cup of coffee or one can of soda or diet soda per day, that is what I did when I was pregnant. 
  • ayamwayamw member
    I have a coke zero in the am and try for caffeine free options including CF coke or sprite to wein myself from the soda completely. I drank 4 diet sodas prepregnancy...actually I just drink a lot of fluids period, just need to make more of it water!
  • 1 cup a day.  Sweet tea or coffee.  I was having issues with soda before I found out I am pregnant so I had already cut it out.  Trying to drink as much water as possible even though I'm not a big water drinker. 
    HPT 11/20/2012 EDD 8/1/2013 Miscarriage 11/27/2012
  • I remember with my first son my OB told me I could have one can of coke a day max. :) No coffee or black teas though. It was one of my hardest habits to quit.
  • I'm drinking a cup a day.  I don't really drink soda's so this is my one go to caffeine fix.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • To the post that said the effects of caffeine are inconclusive, The ill effects of caffeine are pretty conclusive over 300 mg can cause miscarraige and low birth weight. Check out studies on mayo clinic website and apa website. But keeping your intake u
  • I cut it.  The only real caffeine I drink is coffee which I love.  I have a hard time just drinking one cup so if I remove it completely then I'm not tempted for more.  I was able to do it when I was pregnant with my first without a problem
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I limit it to one per day. Sometimes I cheat if I feel icky that day.

• If you were a regular coffee drinker before conception, it is safe to drink up to 3 6oz cups of coffee a day. As far as soda is concerned, I am not sure. I don;t drink soda because it's just plain bad for you all together. BUT I do eat cupcakes, which are
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I actually cut it out completely, but I did it while I was stimming for IVF and found I didn't miss it that much so I didn't go back once I got my BFP. And that surprised me because I love my coffee. I feel though if I go back to 1 small cup a day now

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • imageMrsJohnnaJohnson:
    If you were a regular coffee drinker before conception, it is safe to drink up to 3 6oz cups of coffee a day

• My morning ritual was a large coffee with skim from dunkin M-F...no more. A couple of times a week I'll get a decaf latte with whole milk (still has some caffeine in it) and I drink decaf green tea with honey and lemon on the weekends. If I need a pick me
    l

photo 9cc417c4-c1b6-4581-bf47-e59e88faad31_zps99253a61.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker

• Besides drinking it?  I limit myself to 1-1.5 cups of coffee per day.  Occasionally I'll have a diet soda in the afternoon.  On the upside, Coke Zero does contain less caffeine than Diet Coke.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't drink much caffeine before at all so I've had no problem giving it up completely.  
  • i gave it up but on weekends sometimes i treat myself to a small iced vanilla chai
    Me-31- DH- 41 -Moved to New York* TTC since August 2011, unexplained IF & PCOS HSG - both tubes clear Saline Ultrasound- clear SA- Normal January 2013- Started metformin 1500mg attempting micro IVF 2/8/2013 2/8/2013 Cycle- ganirelix, menopur, gonal F 3/3/2013- ER- 7 Eggs 3/4/2013- All 7 fertilize 3/8- ET
    TTC Again since 8/16/2014- 3rd Clomid Cycle with IUI  starts 8/18
  • I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day. I am not terribly worried about caffeine 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm having 2 or less caffeinated beverages per day. For the most part I have one cup of coffee and one ginger ale (but ginger ale is caffeine free).  I have had a couple Pepsis here and there, but I am not having any diet soda at all. I used to put s
  • I'm a serious tea drinker by nature but when I started TTC I cut it down to 1 cup a day. Then I cut it out completely when I got a positive test. I went and got decaffeinated black tea and bc of food aversions I want nothing to do with it or any herbal te
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"