April 2013 Moms

Alright who is doing perineal massage?

What oil are you using? Can you reach with both thumbs like the articles all tell you to do?

Any other tips or info you'd like to share on the topic.

Re: Alright who is doing perineal massage?

• What is this in regards too?
  • I keep saying I'm going to do it but it just sounds messy and uncomfortable so I haven't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am, although SO is actually helping. Vegetable oil is what we're using. I just say stretch and hold for 2 minutes as far as you can and then for the rest of the 8 minutes stretch and massage, SO says it's actually working, everything is getting looser d
  • I do this. I use extra virgin olive oil. There is no way I can reach there with both of my thumbs so I use one..it is awkward though. My DH helps me when he is not on a business trip, it's more relaxing when he does the massage. Every evening before we go
     CafeMom TickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    image image
  • DH and I keep meaning to start, but I keep thinking it's going to be painful and uncomfortable.  How bad is it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I keep thinking about it... and have gotten all ready to try it twice and then chickened out at the last minute both times!  I have a food grade avocado oil that I was going to use (I have it for my hair).  I've also read olive oil is good (any
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't reach, and it's just not something I want to ask DH to do.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • Are there any scientific studies validating the benefits of this practice?
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • We have been doing this since about 37 weeks. DH does it for me and uses extra virgin olive oil. It's not painful, but can be a little uncomfortable. Our doula recommended this and believes it to be very beneficial in preventing tears. 
  • imagemypalbabs:
    Are there any scientific studies validating the benefits of this practice?

A mid

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I can't reach...not that I've truly tried.  It's too awkward for me to have DH do it.  I asked my doula and OB about it's effectiveness, and they said just stick to the birthing ball and yoga.  Positioning of baby is more important.

<
  • My husband and I learned about this in the childbirth class we took. The instructor is also a midwife and suggested it could prevent major tearing by giving the perineum more elasticity.

Last week, DH asked me, "When do I need to start giving you
  • imageJSS1002:
    I keep saying I'm going to do it but it just sounds messy and uncomfortable so I haven't.

Th

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • imagemypalbabs:

I haven't d

• imagemypalbabs:

I didnt look

• Our MW suggested doing this with Vit E oil to help soften the scar tissue from my first delivery (forceps). This made sense to me as I've had other doctors recommend Vit E oil massaged on other surgical stars to help reduce/soften the scar tissue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"