August 2013 Moms

could you tell boy/girl before sonographer announced?

Were you able to tell BOY/GIRL before the sonographer let you know? I wasn't sure if you had to be really experienced with ultrasounds to know or not. We find out tomorrow but am planning on asking them to write on a piece of paper and doing a gender reveal later that night. I don't know why, but I really don't want to find out that way.  Our plan is that my husband and I am finding out together, just me and him, on a date later that night! I don't like the idea of someone we don't know in the room sharing that news with us...it feels intimate in a way. Maybe I am an odd one!

Re: could you tell boy/girl before sonographer announced?

• Dh is very observant and was able to tell before the tech did. I on the other hand just saw a baby. Good luck! 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• We decided to not find out and although the tech dust turn the screen away DH and I weren't able to tell. Even when she said she knew. I really think that unless you know what to look for its hard to tell

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Only when she focused in on it. But not during the rest of the scan. So it shouldn't be too hard for the tech to keep you in the dark about it. But then again we're having a girl....I suppose it would be much easier to see a boy but I imagine if you just

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I could tell, but I think it's easier with boys. His penis was really obvious.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• My husband did. Our LO was kinda funny though, he was laying on his side and the tech was talking about how she was going to have to push on him to try to get him to move so she could get a crotch shot. So I started to brace myself for her to push on m

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH pointed it out! But, it was a boy and very obvious, at 16w. We go today to confirm (but have bought tons of blue)
  • imagelkobriant:
    We decided to not find out and although the tech dust turn the screen away DH and I weren't able to tell. Even when
    "The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • SO and I could both tell before the ultrasound tech told us, but we've both got experience with reading ultrasounds (no, neither of us are actually in the medical profession, just lots of ultrasounds between both of us, plus family) and it was pretty obvi
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • When they found the placenta previa the tech told me to look away when she was looking down there and such and told me when it was safe but as she was going back and forth I caught a glimpse of his boy parts. It was obvious and I never told DH just in cas
    imageimageimageimage

• DH could. He knew instantly. The U/S tech was so sad she didn't get to be the one to tell us..haha (she was kidding of course!). DH and I are both in the medical field, but not trained in radiology, so I don't know if that helped or not. I agree with P

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We did a gender reveal at home as well. When they did the u/s, I was 100 percent sure it was a boy. When we got home, we found out it was a girl. I would have bet money I saw a penis!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I didn't with Aidan, but I did with Lucas. I didn't know what I was looking at in the u/s with Aidan.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • We could tell with DS but he was spread eagle and at the perfect angle, with our DD the tech told us and then showed us the lines.
    BFP #1 06/15/08 Missed M/C 07/22/08
    BFP #2 11/08/08 Chemical Pregnancy 11/14/08
    BFP #3 01/17/10 Mark Jason born Sept 16 2010
    BFP #4 08/17/11 Chemical Pregnancy 08/23/11
    BFP #5 01/06/12 Blighted Ovum 2/2/12 M/C 2/11/12
    BFP #6 11/28/12 EDD 08/10/13 Saw/Heard Heartbeat 12/20!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our u/s tech announced it after a very quick glance - from that quick view I had no idea.  It wasn't until she got a better shot and pointed out his boy parts that I could see it clearly.  It's a good thing I'm not in that field!

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• My Husband could tell right away..He's like "do I see something?" (we are having a boy lol) the tech said "no mistaking it, it's a boy"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had no idea either time! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lyla Margaret , June 7, 2009 Tavis Tutty, January 5, 2012
  • They aren't allowed to tell us here.  However, my DH asked if she was able to get a gender image for the radiologist and she said something like, "I got a very good image and the radiologist should have no problem including the gender in the repor

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DH and I looked at sonogram pics online beforehand. Ours ended up looking totally different, but it was obvious.

we told the tech that we didn't want to know, but when I looked at the pic, it was pretty clear. she then proceeded to write xx/xy on

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Last time it was OBVIOUS. Like, sitting on the camera no mistakes about it.

This time, baby didn't cooperate so we didn't get a chance to find out. The sonographer kind of sucked and didn't try, though.

• I just had mine today and I couldn't tell what I was looking at at all, but I guess a lot of other people are much more observant than I, lol.  My little boy was being sort of modest too, so the sonographer had to get a look between his crossed legs.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageCosmic+Love:

imagelkobri

• imageMissuskeekers:
    I could tell, but I think it's easier with boys. His penis was really obvious.

This.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It was pretty obvious for us it was a boy at the 16 week scan. When the tech started looking in that area, I said "Is that what I think it is??" She just smiled and said yep, it's a boy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Me too! I could tell right away but he has a lot of junk to see :
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• I searched for sonogram pictures of girls and boys before my appt so when I saw the three lines, I said "we are having a girl" and the sonographer confirmed.  This time we are team green so I am going to have my eyes closed.
    IUI#1= DD born 1.5.2011
    IUI #4 BFP EDD 5.5.2012 m/c 10/1/2012
    Surprise! BFP 12/4/12 EDD 8/8/2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My hubby says he knew before she said anything that it was a boy. He said he KNEW he saw something between his legs! lol
  • imagefamba:
    Were you able to tell BOY/GIRL before the sonographer let you know? I wasn't sure if you had to be really experienced with u

• When she first put the probe on my stomach, no although DH did mistake the umbilical cord for boy parts! As the sonogram went on DH, my parents and I all noticed that there didn't seem like there was anything between the legs. Then as we were about t
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Elizabeth Paige born 8/11/13
  • imagehein0919:

imageMissuskeekers
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"