2nd Trimester

how far along were you when you found out gender?

I am 15 weeks and I am considering having an elective ultrasound at a private place that does ultrasounds for 3D pictures, DVDs etc. Mostly I am just dying to know the sex of the baby. I am just wondering if 16 or 17 weeks along is far enough along to accurately  tell the gender? Obviously they can never be 100 percent but say like 80 to 90percent accuracy?

Re: how far along were you when you found out gender?

• The elective place in my city recommends you wait until 18 weeks. I found out at my anatomy scan at just over 19 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• I was 18 weeks with DD, 19 weeks with DS, and I'll more than likely get an idea with the twins next friday (almost 16 weeks) and at another scan at 17 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I found out with my first that he was a boy at 15 weeks.
  • Found out yesterday at 15w4d :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • My a/s scan was scheduled for the day I turned 20 weeks. 
  • My coworker got the 3d imaging around the 18 week mark and was very unhappy with DVD as there baby wasn't developed enough to have very distinctive features in the video. After seeing it I agreed with her and she complained and had it redone at 25 week ma
  • Ill be finding out at my morphology scan at 20wks and 2days, the tech booked it for then so it is more accurate.
    I'd hate to be told one thing then find out another after planning and spending money
  • 16w 3d and it was correct!
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• I had a guess at 13 weeks at my NT scan, confirmed on my Verifi test that it was a boy at 14 week and then again confirmed at my A/S at 16 weeks.  

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Found out at 21 weeks 1 day and she was quite developed from the 3D imaging we saw (this was just done at my dr's office-not an elective A/S). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My best friend was 16 weeks with both of her girls. I'm 18 weeks and go in tomorrow!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Around 19w w both.

I had had an NT w both as well, but no gender guesses. The next u/s was the a/s and we found out then.

• skioskio member
    It's your money, but I personally wouldn't go before 18w.

Someone on my BMB just found out at 28w that she's having a boy after being told at 20w that it was a girl. It can happen to anyone, but ultrasounds are generally pretty accurate by 1
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • 19w5days

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 15 weeks when we had our elective.

They were right!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    15 weeks when we had our elective.

They were right!

Same but I was

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • anatomy scan was at 19 weeks.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I go in every three weeks, due to being high risk. I was able to find out at 16w2d  and it was confirmed at my a/s at 19w2d. The tech was very sure at 16 weeks, though.

• We'll be finding out at 20w. The wait isn't that bad at all. Save the money for diapers or cute clothes
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • 19w2d when I found out. If you want to go ahead and spend the money for the elective US that is totally up to you. I was given a pamphlet at my last dr visit for a 3D/4D US and decided against it. To me I would rather save the $200 it would cost to buy so
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Girl at 17w exactly. Confirmed by 2 u/s since then. Good luck!

dboatman

• Blood draw 11 weeks, results 12 weeks with the MaterniT12 test. 

I know we were anxious to know with our first, but waiting until the a/s wasn't too much of a big deal for us.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would say it depends on how good of a reputation this place has.  I went at 16 weeks, but the place I went to has highly trained, certified sonographers who have worked in the OB world before performing medical ultrasounds.  They also use s

BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had an "early gender determination" scan at an elective place, I was 16 weeks then. They said they were so certain they were right, they would refund the $$ with the birth certificate! So we went and she said boy and at the 20 week a/s it was confirmed,
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

•  I was 15 weeks, but got such an inexperienced tech that I think she really just took a guess and got lucky, but we confirmed my little peanut is still a boy yesterday at 21w2.

Not worth the weeks of agony of not knowing for certain that it

imageimage

• I went to an elective place at 16w1d and found out. He said he was highly positive she was a girl but to save receipts. I would make sure the place you go to will give you a free look if they are wrong or can't get a good look. I've had 3 u/s since t

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• DS1: 18w a/s

DS2: 12w via Maternit-21 test performed at 10w. Confirmed results at a/s at 18w.

• Gender can't be determined in the womb. The sex however... now that's something you can find out.
    BFP #1 : 05.08.11 : EDD : 01.16.12 : DOB : 01.15.12
    BFP #2 : 12.26.12 : EDD : 09.08.13 : DOB : 09.03.13
  • I was like 15 weeks and 3 days. It was the regular anatomy scan. The tech who did my US had been doing it for like 20 years so she could tell right away it was a girl with 99% accuracy.
  • Found out the sex at 12 weeks due to the maternit21 test.  If we had to wait for the a/s it would probably be closer to 21 weeks based on how my appointments have been timed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • With DD I was 17w

With DS I was 13w5d

With this DS I was 22w

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• We just found out on Tuesday at our a/s, so a little over 19 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageanewmrsS:
    Gender can't be determined in the womb. The sex however... now that's something you can find out.
    </BLOCKQU
  • Thanks ladies for all the responses! I am so eager to find out the sex of the baby however, maybe I will just wait until the 20 week ultrasound to find out!:o)
  • 20 wks and 3 days

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I found out Tuesday at 16 weeks that we're having a boy.

• I found out at my A/S at 20 weeks
    BabyFruit Ticker 9/19/12: Miscarriage at 12wks due to Triploidy, D&C 9/24/12 - I will forever miss you my little angel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"