May 2013 Moms

What will your LO call you?

Eh, it's 2:30am and I'm more awake than I'd like to be, so I'm doing a spinoff of CNJ's post below.

What will your LO call you [and your SO, if he or she is in the picture] if you can help it?

I've been having an aversion to "Mommy" lately, so I think I'd prefer "Mama." [Part of me would rather go with "Ma" for pure entertainment and the old timey factor, but I can't commit to it.]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What will your LO call you?

• DS calls me momma and has recently started saying "ma", I don't know where he got that one from. Hopefully little man will follow in his big brothers footsteps.
  • LO will call me mama and DH baba (Greek)
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS calls us mama and papa. Except lately he has started calling me mom sometimes! He's 2 on Saturday, and I don't know where this came from.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • DH calls his parents Ma'am and Sir (sounds way more formal and emtionally detached than it is... he's really close to both his parents).

I call my parents Dad and Mom (and depending on my mood: Ma, Mummy, Mum, Mama, Mother).

<span style="fo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Just traditional mommy/mama/mom and daddy/dada/dad, however he starts saying it. We have 2 dogs that we already say mommy and daddy for so it doesn't sound weird for us.
  • Growing up, everyone else referred to my mom as "mother"... "Wave bye-bye to your mother!"  "Here comes your mother!"  So even though I think of them as "mom" and "dad", I really called them mother and dad most during my life.  Part of that
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our plans with our first child was Mom/Mama/Mommy and Papa for her dad (he is Swedish), but she is now 17 months and has her own plan.  She calls DH Daddy and me by my first name!  It is so weird.  Hopefully she will break the first name th
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • be888be888 member
    I will be maman and DH papa. That's how I call my parents.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Plain old Mummy and Daddy. I do prefer Mammy which is a northern thing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Marni calls me Mommy,mom,or Mama,
    Erica and Joey- Married on January 24th 2010
    Marni Brooke was born on November 6th 2010
    Expecting Twin BOYS Elliott Jacob and Benjamin Samuel due May 5th 2013!
    On Hospital Bed Rest as of January 4th 2013. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Probably Mommy and Daddy, but if it turns out another way I am okay with that.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS calls us Mommy and Daddy, although when he first began speaking, it was Mama and Dada. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mom, mommy, momma....dad, daddy, dada. 
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • imageBeachy730:
    Just traditional mommy/mama/mom and daddy/dada/dad, however he starts saying it. We have 2 dogs that we already sa
  • imagesnuggle puggle2:

imageBeachy
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • Charlie never really called us mommy/daddy, it's always just been mom and dad. I'm assuming this one will be the same, since she'll always hear him say it.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • imagecgiles120812:
    Mom, mommy, momma....dad, daddy, dada. 

Exactly.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I prefer Mommy for me but Idk what DH will want to go by... This reminds me that we should discuss this lol.
  • My LO calls my husband dada or daddy and I'm mommy. We're pretty traditional and boring with our names.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our DS1 calls us mommy or mama or daddy or dada.. He kind of decided this.

We did pick names for the grandparents and he seems to have stuck with them.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
    VOTE on my Name List
    Check out my Team Green baby names! P.S. I'm not serious with any of the names
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 9/7/12, EDD 5/15/13
    MW interview said 5/17/13 and changed back to 5/15/13 after first visit
  • We're Mama and Papa to our kiddos.  
  • LOL- galspesh and Old Glory - that happens with my 2 1/2 year old way more often than necessary.

DD started off with mama, then mommy, now she calls me either mommy, very occasionally mom, and my personal favorite, mama, but in a southern accent.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • imagecgiles120812:
    Mom, mommy, momma....dad, daddy, dada.nbsp;

This is exactly my kiddos, so I'm sure LO will f
  • imageBeachy730:
    Just traditional mommy/mama/mom and daddy/dada/dad, however he starts saying it. We have 2 dogs that we already sa

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagegalspesh4:

OldGlory - GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

I believe that is the first case of precise simultaneous posting in May 2013

VOTE on my Name List
    Check out my Team Green baby names! P.S. I'm not serious with any of the names
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 9/7/12, EDD 5/15/13
    MW interview said 5/17/13 and changed back to 5/15/13 after first visit
  • Probably just Mom and Dad.
  • DD calls us mama and dada because it's easy for her to say.  I'm sure LO #2 will do the same.
    Little Sib & Big Sis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DS calls me momma & every once in a while mom. He calls DH dad

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• Good question! Spouse is already referring to himself as "Daddy" in reference to her, when he talks to her and stuff, so I think that may be his choice, even though we've never actually discussed it. It is all still so weird to me- I haven't referred to m
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"