November 2012 Moms

vocal babies?

I have been a nanny for a lot of babies in the past so I am not new to this infant stage... but holy hell are your kids super LOUD?  Sammie will lay n her playmat and just SCREAM this high pitched crazy loud scream.  SHe "talks" a lot too ... but on the changing table, on your lap, on the floor... she LOVES to try out her voal chords and her range... and it can be ear splitting... anyone else?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: vocal babies?

• Oh lord yes! I am worried Benjamin is going to be a screaming toddler. He hits a certain note and my dogs start barking at him...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank god I am not the only one.. and that I do not have dogs to join the sounds!!

its amazing the levels she can reach

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We aren't quite at a scream, but Arianna definitely yells. All day. Yells. I'm over it.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kbl13kbl13 member

I'm loving the extra "talking" throughout the day and Im noticing a lot more inflection and facial expressions, like he thinks we are having a real conversation. BUT that high pitch scream has got to go... It started about a week ago.

Also, he's

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• H has been screeching for weeks. He only gets louder and higher pitched with more practice. I was hoping it was just a phase, but I think it's here to stay.

image   My chart 

• Wonder if this is something that happens developmentally around this time size there are lots of us with new howling babes. Haha. It's definitely attention getting. It's like a fake sound that he likes to hear himself make.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kennedy doesn't screech; however, she talks to me all day. You could swear that she was a teenage girl. She even holds conversations. She will take turns talking with the other person. As a PP said, the facial expressions are in full swing. She keeps m

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We have a screamer here.  DCP told us how much he likes to scream, especially when other babies are sleeping.  :/  

Also, DS1 will join in on the screaming when DS2 does it.  Fun, fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • K likes to test his range. It's funny when he surprises himself. And he is very random about it. Screeches here and there. He likes to do it when we are eating dinner. He makes a noise every time I take a utensil away from my mouth. It's weird.

• Raises hand! He started about a week ago and it is deafening. He can reach a sound decibel I wasn't aware existed. And like OP said, B also just lays on his mat or in his chair and just scream scream scream!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"