Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How often should I bathe baby?

Hello! My baby will be three weeks on friday and I was wondering how often I should bathe him?  I've been doing it like twice a week, but my mom thinks I should do it more since he has a little bit of diaper rash on his bum.  Its just such a task! He seems too little for the tub we have and he leans against the sides since he doesn't have head control yet and he screams! He hates baths. I was just wondering if I am suppose to be doing it more? I don't want to dry out his skin. And we have been putting desitin on his bum for the rash. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How often should I bathe baby?

• I wouldn't do it anymore than what you are doing.  It's so hard on their skin particularly during the winter.

• Instead of using the baby bath tub right now I have been putting a towel on my bed and giving my son a little sponge bath. He will be 3 weeks on Friday as well. I am bathing him every 2 to 3 days. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • my little guy is 4 weeks tomorrow, I give him a bath every other night because he seems to enjoy it, and the nites we bathe him he seems to sleep better.  He had a bit of diaper rash a few days ago, so I put some baking soda (about 1tbsp) in his t

• I bathe DD every night but only use soap every couple of nights. It is part of her bedtime routine, she loves it, and I think it helps her sleep better. We just use a lot of lotion and have had no skin or diaper rash issues.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We bathe DD 2 or 3 times a week. I'd say you're fine.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• We do once a week. I would not do more than you are. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Have you tried sitting him in your lap to bathe him, I started doing this with DD and now have moved it up to where she is having a shower when I do and just passing her to DH so I can finish my shower and she loves it, she actually cries when we take her
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • With DD, I bathed her every 3 days, no soap on her body, just her hair. I started daily baths after about 3 mos. With DS, I'm bathing him daily, as it helps calm him down for bed. Again, no soap on his body and he hasn't gotten dry skin yet.
  • I bathe my DS every other day, but mostly because he loves it and sleeps better on those nights. I only use soap and wash his hair (which he has a ton of) one or two of those times, though. Just sitting in the warm water and having us pour little cups of
  • imagekleigh926:
    We bathe DD 2 or 3 times a week. I'd say you're fine.

Same here.  The nurses at

• We bath every other night. Try putting a wet towel over your LOs tummy. It will help to keep warmer. Our son used to be upset during his baths too, but he has gotten used to them and seems to really enjoy them ever since we started covering his tummy. He
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, and my Ped suggested using pure corn starch to help with bum rashes. He says they can stem from a high acid level in their stool and the corn starch helps to neutralize it. We use Penaten cream and it wasn't clearing up until we started using pure cor
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are the exception but we bathe DD every day since she was about 2 1/2 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think you're fine doing it just a couple times a week.  For the diaper rash, you might want to try something like A and D ointment instead of Desatin.  I have heard that Desatin has some ingredients in it that can make the rash worse.  So
    image BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"