Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Will gripe water help?

DD is very fussy when feeding at night. Will gripe water help? Or gas drops?

She is 5 weeks on Monday.  

Thanks! 

ETA she is breastfed but it happens at breast or bottle of BM no matter who feeds her.  

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

Re: Will gripe water help?

• Options
    I used gripe water and Colic Calm. Both made a little bit of difference but not much.

I ff and changing to Enfamil Gentlease worked wonders.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My pediatrician said not to bother with any of that stuff, that none of it is clinically proven. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence both for and against it so it seems like a placebo IMO.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, love the apple gripe water! I've got 9wk twin girls and it helps and calms
  • Options
    BBS!BBS! member
    I use both at night bc his gas pain is so bad. I think it helps a little.
  • Options

We use the gas drops and I do think they work.  At the very least the different taste stops our baby in her tracks for a second and seems to reset her if that makes sense.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Gripe water works great for my DD!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know if it placebo or not but Gripe Water has been a lifesaver in our house. H joked that he would pay 50 dollars a bottle for it. DS was really gassy and it helped a lot while we were figuring out what was causing the gas. We haven't had to use t
  • Options
    We use Wellements Gripe Water and it works wondesr with fussy babies and gas! I would def give it a try.
  • Options
    Colic calm helps my little guy a lot. I don't see how it could be placebo effect, he doesnt know what I'm giving him our what it's supposed to do
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"