October 2012 Moms

BF, working mom - question:

I posted this on the BFing board as well.... 

STM or Mom's that have went through this:

At daycare, Tanner drinks 8oz bottles, about every 5 hours, on average. I am still pumping ever 3 hours, and I am keeping up with him.

I would like to change my supply around so that I can pump maybe every 4 or 5 hours but still get the same amount of milk that I am getting now- Because on the weekends, I feel like he's having to breastfeed more often because he's used to drinking 8 oz at a time, and I'm not producing 8oz, I'm producing about 4oz every 3 hours.

Is there a good way to start transitioning my body to do this, or will it make my supply tank?

Any information is appreciated. TIA!

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot

Re: BF, working mom - question:

• Can they feed smaller bottles more frequently?
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrs.G123:
    Can they feed smaller bottles more frequently?

She says he's super fussy if he doesn't get

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • Loading the player...
  • I've tried every 3 hours at work and every 4 hours and honestly the output is about the same...I don't know if it'll affect your supply though. The baby can extract more than the pump so it may...

• 8 oz. seems like a lot to give a breastfed baby.  The largest jump I would feel comfortable with is going to 5oz.  Maybe if you tried 5 oz and then smaller 1 oz. increments, that might work?  My son is sent to daycare with at least one,

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
  • imageamy052006:

Eight ounces is nuts for a breastfed baby -- I think she sort of created that monster at daycare and now wants you

image imageimageimage

• E will eat 8oz on occasion and he is EBF. Usually I send 3 6 oz bottles per day and he manages to finish them, though often it's not 6 oz at a time.

• I don't know about your supply...
    But my LO will sometimes eat 67 ounces in a feeding. She always gets 4 oz to start with and sometimes she'll only eat three.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • If you just wait 4 hours instead of 3, and drink lots of water, see if you start to feel heavy and are able to produce more milk than you are used to. I would think that if you just start doing it (and keep up with hydrating) that you should be able to mo

• The 8 oz bottle seems like a lot to me.  I would agree with the PP and ask them to give him 5-6 oz bottles more often.
  • Woah! These responses I'm getting on both this board and the BFing board are really surprising me!

My doctor did not seem to have a problem with him drinking that amount in that time frame at his 4month appointment - Also my DCP has be

• imageblp0118:
    Woah! These responses I'm getting on both this board andnbsp;the BFingnbsp;board are really surprising me! My doctor did n
  • You can decrease the number of times you pump but increase the time for each session and your body should adjust. My DD eats big bottles like that sometimes not usually 8 oz but 6 or so and I pump 4 times a day for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and she h
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"