March 2013 Moms
Options

Is this even ok?

I go to my doctor's appointment and sit for an hour before a nurse comes out to tell the waiting room full of people that the doctor just got called down to a c section, which would take about an hour.
Since I was accompanied by my baby's father and his sister, I figured if better reschedule. I asked the nurse to reschedule me, and she gives me this look and says, "you know the doctor will be gone until the 2nd?"
I stared at her. "My due date is the first." She hurried off to ask the doctor what should be done.
What makes me angry isn't that he is taking a vacation, it's that I've been in that office every week or every other week for about 2 or 3 months now, and today was the first I'd heard that he was leaving, during my delivery date. By the way he leaves tomorrow. I was told that basically when I go into labor and go into the ER, I will be assigned one out of 5 doctors who will be in rotation.
And yes I'm a first time mother.. I was anxious enough and now I'm pretty upset, and nervous that whichever doctor I get I will not feel comfortable having them deliver my baby. And what about my specifications? I feel like I was not given enough warning; I just would've liked to find another doctor who I could talk to about my birth plan and concerns.

Re: Is this even ok?

• Options
    traiatraia member
    Lurking here. But when i had my daughter, my doctor was on an emergency leave for the week. Well i was lucky enough to see a different doctor, which also was the doctor that delivered my daughter. I was super nervous about it, but everything turned out pe
  • Options
    Your nurses do everything anyway. The doctor only comes in at the last minute when baby is close and to deliver the placenta. Don't worry...you'll be fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemel8255:
    Your nurses do everything anyway. The doctor only comes in at the last minute when baby is close and to deliver the place

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks to you all, I was irritated and anxious about it, but I will rely on my nurses instead!
    Still I think it's pretty bad practice and unprofessional to throw that at pregnant ladies in their last few weeks with so little warning... Had me and an
  • Options
    I agree that it was crappy they didn't tell you!  Rediculous actually!  BUT I promise you it won't matter.  Both of my deliveries the doc was only there for the last few pushes.  It wouldn't of mattered to me in the least at that point
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageteekayuhoh:
    Thanks to you all, I was irritated and anxious about it, but I will rely on my nurses instead! Still I think it's
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    it'll be okay. once the whole labor thing starts you won't even care which doctor is there and yes it is mostly the nurses anyways. the doctor is only there to check in and basically when you are ready to push. worrying about which doctor is in there will
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"