January 2013 Moms

Total hospital bill

Has anyone looked at their explanation of benefits from the insurance company yet? I added all of my prenatal and delivery costs and was blown away!

I only owe 175 for everything but the total amount billed was almost 58,000! Crazy!

Re: Total hospital bill

• Yep, it's nuts. We were at like 40K total billed. Be thankful you only owe $175. ..that's amazing.  Out of pocket we owe in the thousands.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We owed under 2,000 for everything for me and the baby but that's because we hadn't met our deductible yet. It's def. met now! All of DS's well visits, which includes all shots, are free. Amy other pediatrician visit costs us 8 dollars.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm realizing how great my insurance is. I only had to pay one copay for all of my prenatal visits and only 150 for a csection.

• I had a 3 day induction that turned into a c-section. So, our bill was over $100k. We only had to pay our deductible of $3000. Thank goodness for insurance!
  • imageAllison546:
    Yep, it's nuts. We were at like 40K total billed. Be thankful you only owe $175. ..that's amazing.  Out of po
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ta78ta78 member
    I was so thankful for our insurance. We only paid 150 and I never had any copays during my pregnancy. The charges w out having insurance are ridiculous.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• image82Sonia:
    Has anyone looked at their explanation of benefits from the insurance company yet? I added all of my prenatal and del
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I must say that seeing this post makes me very thankful for Canada's universal healthcare.  The only cost I have had is the $60 for me to have a private room in the hospital for 3 days. (I do realize that my taxes pay for my healthcare)  I could
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our bill was about $11,000, so pretty cheap by comparison. I pay nothing for prevantative care (which means all prenatal checkups and well-child visits) and only had an $135 hospital copay for the birth.

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think ours was only about 22000 total but we paid $150.
  • I have NO idea how much my stay was but I got two bills for LO due to an insurance mistake. 17k for him and then another 800 for the physican. He did have a 4 day NICU stay so I'm sure that had a lot to due with it. 

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • The bill for just me was over 30k and that is that I checked out a day early after a c section cause I hated the hospital. With my insurance my max out of pocket for the year is $1,500 so thats what we owe between my OBGYN, hospital and anesthesiologist.
  • imageGoldsgirl9:
    The bill for just me was over 30k and that is that I checked out a day early after a c section cause I hated the hospit
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same. But, that was because I had a 5-day hospital stay prior to delivery and an emergency c-section. However, throw in our NICU stay, and everything (pre-ins) was pushing $500K. Yeah, half a million. 

Thank god for annual OOP maximums.&nbsp

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Our bill was about $100,000 but the hospital decided to cover all of their costs after a nurse's mistake almost killed myself and DS. They did that without asking me, so that was nice. I had a complicated pregnancy to begin with so I definitely had bills
  • It is crazy! Mine totaled over $64,000 (two days of labor, two day stay postpartum to clear up a minor infection in LO). I owe just over $3000. I looked at the itemization, my delivery room rate (just the room, not the medical services provided) was $6,00
  • I don't know the exact amount, but I believe we payed around $2500. We have United Healthcare PPO and I was in labor (at the hospital) for over 45 hours plus 2 extra days PP.

BabyFruit Ticker

• My maximum out of pocket is $650 but DH has other insurance that covers any remainder so we paid $0....I never added up the bills before insurance...I'll have to do that and see what it totals.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Our total out of pocket for the hospital after insurance 2500ish. We qualified for financial assistance and only have to pay 25 ofthat so around 600.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• DH is in the military,so we have Tricare. Tricare covered everything except for the hospital copay which was 25$, because I delivered at regular hospital instead of a military hospital.
  • imageOhBaby2013:
    I must say that seeing this post makes me very thankful for Canada's universal healthcare. nbsp;The only cost I have ha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageOhBaby+2013:
    I must say that seeing this post makes me very thankful for Canada's universal healthcare.  The only cost I

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • imageBrendamndz:

I almost don't want to reply to this one. I am still in disbelief. DH works for the state, we have kaiser, we paid

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• Ugh, my LO spent 3 weeks in the NICU and I'm not sure if we have a final tally yet, but I'm guessing it will be somewhere around $175,000. We got a bill for $15,000, but I think our insurance is still sorting everything out. I know I've paid a couple of h
  • wow these numbers are insane. Our bill was around $175- $200. That was because we upgraded to a private room from a semi-private. In total we were in the hospital for 10 days (5 before, 5 after) and Irelyn spent the 5 days after in the NICU. I can't imagi

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• I'm curious to know how much my hospital bills are for this year. I work for the state so I had to pay a one time $15 copay for prenatal care and everything else was covered (excluding the medications). I'm so thankful for my insurance because on top of

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had only $350-ish left of my out of pocket max to pay, so I paid that and insurance covered the other $65,000+!!!  eeek!  I kept the hospital bill and am shrinking it down to put in LO's scrapbook :) 
  • I'm living in Ukraine at the moment and our total for prenatal coverage and the birth was about $8,000. I bet our (American) insurance company was thrilled!

• This post came on day when I received two bills (from the hospital and my OB).  Apparently, my insurance didn't cover as much as it originally said it would.  Grr.

I'm a FTM and have never had medical bills (only my annual well-wo

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I paid 0.00 : thank goodness for great coverage and Aflac!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"