March 2013 Moms

Experienced Back Labor?

Has anyone experienced back labor?  What does it feel like?

I have been having pretty regular braxton hicks with the tightening of my belly with lower back pain.  The back pain does come and go with the contraction. 

My doctor said if I can't walk/talk through the contraction then it's a real one...but can you have back labor without the pain being in the front?

Re: Experienced Back Labor?

• I exclusively had back contractions, didn't feel any in the front. For the first few hours after my water broke my contractions were light and i could breathe through them, later they were so intense that there was no way i could talk through them... y

• I had all back contractions, with one or two in the very very beginning in the front these just felt like menstrual cramps.

The back contractions for me were really horrible pains in my lower back on the sides if you split your back into thi
  • Loading the player...
  • I had back labor. For me my stomach would get hard with each contraction but all the pain I had was in my lower back. The only thing that helped me was DH or someone rubbing my lower back with a lot of pressure. Laying down also made everything worse. Go

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Back labor feels like someone is hitting you in the lower back with a large sledge hammer as hard as they possibly can. It's the most awful experience ever.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I had back labor with both of my girls. They were both born sunny side up which is a strange coincidence.

Ditto to what everyone else said. I also wanted to add that if and when you get your epidural with back labor you are more likely to continu

Mr.&Mrs. Ash&Vic Est.1.21.2006 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Back labor is so much worse imo. Felt like someone was stabbing your kidneys
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had back labor with DD#2. I couldn't sit still. I couldn't lay down. I only found relief from the pain when I was sitting on the toilet. She was born sunny side up.
    Charlotte March 2009 Gwyneth June 2011 Team Green March 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"