April 2013 Moms
Options

Book Recommendations?

I'm looking for any recommendations on books. I'm looking for parenting books, breastfeeding books, or possibly just a good read.

The only book that I am set on at this point is The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Karp.

Anyone else have anything that they can recommend to me?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Book Recommendations?

• Options
    none5none5 member
    I am currently reading Babyproofing your Marriage. I like it so far. Next on my list is Bringing up Bebe.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

If you haven't bought the Happiest Baby book yet, save your money and buy the DVD.  Its super cheap on Amazon and most local libraries will rent it free.  It pretty much sums up the entire book in about half an hour to forty minutes.

I

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have several, but the one we referenced the most during the first year was Baby 411. It is extremely simple to look things up and written very plainly. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I always went to What to expect babies first year and then second year. I also like the breastfeeding companion.
    Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • Options
    I am most of the way through Your Baby's First Year by the American Academy of Pediatrics. It is a very text-heavy book with small type, but there is a ton of detailed info.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    Not popular around here, but I loved Becoming Babywise.  Don't need to spark a whole debate about that book, but it has several good theories & suggestions.  It helped me get DD on a good, predictable routine early and STTN by the time I wen
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageChicagoBroad26:
    I have several, but the one we referenced the most during the first year was Baby 411. It is extremely simple to
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"