C-sections

Question for those who've had a c section

I am having my first c section on April 2nd and whereas I'm pretty clear on what happens before the baby's arrival, I was wondering how anxious you may have been when they spent the 30 minutes to an hour stitching you up. Did you nap, talk to the doctors, feel anxious about the baby? I know in the scheme of things it is not that long, but I just hate that I won't be able to be with my little guy!

Thanks for your input!

Re: Question for those who've had a c section

• My doctor and everybody else in the room did a great job of talking with me, even joking a bit.. in my case it really, really flew by.  I'm sure it varies from case to case but I've heard most of my friends talk about similar experiences, too.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't even notice how long it was, honestly.  

The way it worked for me is LO exited, cried, DH snapped a few pictures, they showed her to us, and started stitching me as DH and she went into the little room to clean her off and check her

• Loading the player...
  • My OB starting stitching me up when DS was getting weighed, measured, cleaned up, etc.  Once DS was ready to go, DH brought him over to me.  Then he took DS to the recovery room.  It only took my OB about 15 minutes more to finish stitching
                      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was so doped up I don't really remember it. I could hear DS crying, and remember DH being there, and that's it.
  • No, all my anxiety (for both my unscheduled c/s & scheduled RCS) was gone by the time they were closing up. I had BP issues the second time, so they can changing the position of the table, I would get light headed, but overall I was fine, and

• Honestly, I don't remember it being that long (being stitched up). My son was taken to the NICU for respiratory distress right away (I didn't even get to hold him, but at least my husband did). My anesthesiologist gave me a sedative for my
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well it did not seem very long for me, but I was out of it and a little sick from the medicine. Honestly- I say get any rest you can. They brought the baby in every few hours for me to feed him but only if I was feeling ok. A c-section is still a major su

• The room was a fun atmosphere. Everyone was talking about Lucas while he was getting cleaned up and then he was handed to me and I was with him the rest of the time.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • We chatted about random things- the nurses and docs did a good job of chatting and keeping me involved in conversation. :)

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • I was put out right after she was born on the 1st one (long story) but for the second one, H went over and took pictures of her and I got to talk to the nurse and pedi who looked her over.  She had to go to the NICU for a little bit, otherwise she

• That last half hour I didn't even have any thoughts about what they were doing because my DD was in DH arms and on my chest with DH's help. Not to mention the juice man talked to me when Dh was over while DD was getting her APAGAR test so time just flew i
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • It didn't seem that long at all. My docs talked to me, DH talked to me and told me about the baby. Then he followed the baby to wherever she went. LOL I'm not even sure I know where they went after all these years.
  • imagemabenner1:
    I was so doped up I don't really remember it. I could hear DS crying, and remember DH being there, and that's it.
    <
  • imagechrisandmonique4ever:
    imagemabe
  • I felt really nauseated.  I mostly just closed my eyes and prayed for it to be over soon.  DH went with the baby to the newborn nursery.  My blood pressure bottomed out when I got the epidural, so I was on IV meds to keep my blood pressure
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • jb2rnjb2rn member
    It flew by, I don't even really remember it taking that long. I just wanted to sit up and hold my baby.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Thanks, everyone, for your replies!! It helps to know what I may expect and that in general, it doesn't seem to take too long. I really appreciate your responses!
  • For me, I was done an able to hold my baby 10-15 minutes after he was born.  In fact, I was shocked when they lowered the curtain and said....all done!

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• It didn't seem like it was very long, but I was pretty drugged and completely out of it.  The whole procedure really didn't last long at all.
  • It flew by and my anesthesiologist was talking to me the whole time. Then I was wheeled back to my room and husband and baby came in shortly after. Good luck!!

• Well, with DD1, my c-section was unplanned, and the epidural wore off about halfway through the procedure. They pumped me up with so many drugs after that that I have no memory of the time they were stitching me up.

With DD2 I had a planned c-sec

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I have no idea how long it took. DH stayed by DD side until we met up in the room. The moment she was out, I passed out. My body gave out. I had an emergency csec after three days of intensity. I was relieved she was healthy and safe and just let my body
  • EmsyKEmsyK member
    Honestly, i hardly remember that part at all, it flew by.  It seemed like only minutes but apparently it was a good half hour.  The nurses etc will chat to you and there is alot going on.  Once you see your LO and have your support person t
  • imagemabenner1:
    I was so doped up I don't really remember it. I could hear DS crying, and remember DH being there, and that's it.</
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"