October 2012 Moms

UPDATED: WTF is going on with my baby's sleep??

UPDATE: yup, both ears are infected, one a little and one a lot.  Poor babes, fx that the correct tylenol dose and his antibiotics let him get some sleep tonight. 

The last 3 days have been disasters of EPIC proportions.  He just does not want to sleep at night and I'm going BSC.  He has literally never been like this.  Always just went right to bed, he would wake up to eat or to get his paci back....but right now he just SCREAMS when you try to put him down.  When we finally get him down it's whimpering and fidgeting and restless.  We finally gave up and brought him in bed with us, if I had him snuggled right up to me he finally slept.  Gah!  I'm going bonkers.  I'm taking him to the pedi to make sure it isn't an ear infection or something... I've given him tyelnol each night but it hasn't helped...but I'm not sure if I need to change his dosing?  

I'm going crazy... this makes the 4 mo wakeful look like nothing. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: UPDATED: WTF is going on with my baby's sleep??

• We are going through the exact same thing for the last week now.  Every night it feels like I'm fighting with Julia to get her to go to sleep and it feels like a constant guessing game: does she want to be swaddled or unswaddled?  Does she wa

• YES! - I have been definitely been playing that same game lately: swaddled or unswaddled, nurse or not to nurse, crib or rock n play. UGH.  He's been a little terror at night and he used to sleep so good! It makes me sad.

I about KILLED DH

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • Loading the player...
  • this is exactly what's going on w us too. Though he does go to sleep at bedtime, but then he wakes up constantly very fussy and crying and screaming.

He's been sick so I thought it was that and a delayed 4 mo wakeful?

I've been a zombie

• Unfortunately, I have been going through this for about the last month. She wakes up every hour and whenever I try to put her down again she cries. The change occurred right when we transitioned her to the crib and out of the swaddle. Have you changed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD used to be going to bed with no problem, but she's been staying up later and WAY fussier, luckily once she finally falls asleep she is STTN though.  

I think it might be starting solids...that's the only thing that has changed.  She

• Poor dude. I am getting over a double ear infection...at 31 yrs old, wtf. The pain was so bad that i was crying in the fetal position on my bathroom floor! No wonder he couldn't sleep! I felt significantly better after about 24 hours of antibiotics. Hope
  • he will be on the mend soon.  glad you got it figuerd out
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Oh my. I am sorry to hear about everyone's sleep troubles, but also a little relieved that we aren't the only ones.

Since Friday, Tessa has been fussing so much at night and DH and I have spent hours pacing and singing and rocking, and she only

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Motrin/Ibuprofen will help more than Tylenol...I know they aren't supposed to have it before 6 months, but our Pedi okayed for a couple doses during an ear infection for DS3.

DS1: Wild Man born 11/28/07
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"