March 2013 Moms

Cluster feeding

I'm a first time mom. Baby was born on the 17th, cluster feeding started evening of the 18th. I'm exhausted, she wants to be fed consistently from about midnight to about 4am. I don't know how much longer I can do this, any tips?

Re: Cluster feeding

• DD seems to like to feed constantly between 10pm and 2am. It's very tiring and I wonder why she can sleep beautifully all day but at night she wants a boob at all times, lol. It's just a stage and you just have to nurse them and plow through. It's so clic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMSW_721:
    DD seems to like to feed constantly between 10pm and 2am. It's very tiring and I wonder why she can sleep beautifully
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine does this but in the afternoon. Sorry!!! It's annoying in the afternoon I can't imagine it at night! My baby is not doing it as much the older she gets. She is 19 days
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat! We can do this! :
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby is working to tell your body milk is needed. You just have to hang in. Nap during the day or go to sleep earlier/ sleep later knowing you will not be sleeping from 12-4. Also lanolin is your boobies friend. My milk came in this time day two but with
  • I'm in the same boat as you. DS started cluster feeding our second night in the hospital and has been doing it basically every night since we got home there have been maybe 2 or 3 nights where he actually slept for 23 hours. He sleeps like an angel all da
  • Mine is dog this too! My milk didn't come in until day 5! I think she is trying to make up for lost time. She actually only did it for a few hours last night instead if the usual four. Hoping it calms down soon for you too!
  • If you're an exclusive breastfeeder my suggestion won't work but if you're open to giving your LO formula the following was suggested by my pediatrician and my parent friends because I was having the same problem.  During the feeding that occurs any
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Thank you everyone for the advice! This too will pass.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"